How do I know my message was read by the guest?

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

How do I know my message was read by the guest?

I mean, in all other messaging systems (messenger, viber, whatsup) you see the mark that a message has been read. Here in Airbnb messaging system you see only when you have delivered it, nothing else. If there is no answer from the other side, you don't know whether they don't want to answer or just haven't seen or read the message. 

Or? Am I wrong?

17 Replies 17
Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

Would really really love this! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Groetjes Katja
Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Six years have gone by from this simple request, but nothing has happened..... Funny, especially because Airbnb insists of using their messaging system instead of other channels. They even added possiblity to send pictures and schedule messages, but again we are left to wonder if those were seen at all.

A current guest has reported an issue and I texted him back via the Airbnb app to send someone to fix it. No reply back from guest.

It would be great to see if he saw my text and decided to not have the issue resolved.  If I get a bad review due to the issue, I will not know if he got my text. So I will have to call him and Airbnb will not have the communication string in their app. to show I am pro active in resolving the issue.