How do i know when a guest has paid

Answered!
Sonia130
Level 1
Warwick, Australia

How do i know when a guest has paid

I have a guest booking that shows 'accepted' but haven't had confirmation from airbnb that it has been paid.

I don't want to hold the room if the person hasn't paid (I have it listed on other sites too).

I can't find anywhere where i can contact airbnb - which is frustrating 😞

thank you for any answers.

1 Best Answer
Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

You don't get any other notice. They have paid Airbnb which is holding the money. A day or two after the guest checks in Airbnb will deposit the money in your account.

it is always a good idea to read all the new host information and FAQs on the Airbnb site to know how the process works. 

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

You don't get any other notice. They have paid Airbnb which is holding the money. A day or two after the guest checks in Airbnb will deposit the money in your account.

it is always a good idea to read all the new host information and FAQs on the Airbnb site to know how the process works. 

Yes thank you i have read all that, i just want to be sure the guest has actually paid airbnb but have had no confirmation.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

after your acceptance, a short while after, you do get an email/notice from airbnb, named "Reservation Confirmed", that means the financial angle is covered and all is on go. did you not get that? that is the one I always save in my overall Airbnb reservation folder, it includes everything about that visit, confirmation number, itinerary, etc. you should also see the guest's profile pic with a green horizontal bar in your calendar, across the reserved days. 

Thank you for your reply.

No i didn't get any confirmation email from airbnb, it just has a status 'accepted' since I replied to the guest that i accepted the booking.

Do you know numbers in Australia that i can ring to find out?

Thanks again

Sonya,

I have the same problem in the US. This is a major flaw in the business model of Air BnB. There should be a way for a host to know way in advasnce that a guest has paid. Otherwise, one could be holding dates that were never paid for and lose business. In my case it's $175/night...hoping Air BnB does it's job. Not at all comfortable with that. Poor business model.....entirely rookie.

====ROGER

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Sonia130 as the reservation is showing as accepted it means the guest has paid.

thank you so much for taking the time to reply - new to all this and it is a little confusing when you can't ring the provider to find out stuff.

enjoy your night (or day where ever you are :))

maybe it's different in the UK and Australia, but in the US acceptance means that the host has accepted the guest to stay, meaning you have done your part - it still needs the confirmation by Airbnb to say that the stay is confirmed, meaning the financial part und verification, etc.. is all cleared up with the guest. so that is what counts.....most of the time it doesn't cause a problem, and maybe that's why some hosts don't pay attention to it, but only when the booking is confirmed by "reservtion confirmation" would I count on getting the payment released to me, which happens - also in a note by Airbnb to me - the day after guest checks in, then it takes a few days to reach my bank account, or whatever payment method you have stipulated. good luck!

So, you don't know for sure a guest has paid until after they arrive and the money either gets released...or it's not there? That's crazy. There needs to be a tab that let's the host look at all the paid reservations for his rental. Hoping for payment on the day it's due is a ridiculous business model! I advertise on several sites....all more professional than this one...very unprofessional. Just heard from a renter a partial payment was made.....that alone makes me nervous.

This guests  just posted confirmed and I have never communicated with her before. When I requested proof  if payment  she be came rude.my suspicion  was when she requested adress.how do I screen guests

I have not communicated with her.never confirmed  reservation  with me.but her mail  said confirmed. How she did reservation  puzzles me.that is why I asked for proof of payment  and she became rude

Tshepang, same question...same problem heard over and over again. Are there any adults in the room at Air BnB?

====ROGER

Bill92
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

I've never had a problem with getting paid, but I just had a guest over the weekend and haven't seen the payment yet. I wonder if there's a way where some people know how to stay for free?  Also I'm having long term guests for a month do you receive 

This makes me very nervous! I can't afford to hold dates that are not paid for. Air BnB is wrong for not confirming payment within 48 houirs of guest payment....and thus guarenteeing payment to the host to ease his mind. This is bucket shop business.

====ROGER