Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you like to relax?

Relax

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great day.

Hosting can be an incredible experience and meeting other people is wonderful, however after a busy period of hosting, sometimes all you need is a bit of time to relax. We are human after all! 🙂

How do you like to relax? Perhaps you like to put you feet up and watch a good film, read a book or a nice bubble bath, or perhaps you like getting out and about, going for a nice walk, meeting family/friends or even a day adventure to the beach perhaps. 

For me, I like to relax by going for a nice walk usually along the river, perhaps grabbing a cup of tea on the way to walk with and then ending the day with some sofa time in my Pjs. Wild, I hear you say! 🙂

How about you? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

24 Replies 24
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

My Piano, I play for an hour a day, have all my life. That's my Valium.

Last thing for the night between 11.30 and 12.30 that's where you will find me. 

We used to have an accoustic piano which belonged to Ade's grandmother....we sort of inherited it! It was a good German iron frame jobbie in a walnut veneer case with those brass candelabra things fastened to the front of it. Ade used to be a good pianist too, she got her 'letters' from the conservatorium and could teach! But the MS took away her hand coordination and she doesn't go near the keys now, so sad!
When we moved into the hills we had the devils own job trying to keep the thing in tune. The change in altitude and humidity did not keep it in tune for long.

One day I thought, 'This can't be hard this tuning bit' so I bought a tuning fork that gave the sound of middle C.

It had to be a piece of cake from there. Bloody hell did I get myself into strife, ending up breaking two strings and we had to get the professionals in. This guy took one look at it and said...."Who on earth has been fooling around with this"! And Ade had to say..."Well my husband actually" He just raised his eyebrows to the sky and got on with it!

But it was never the same after that....the new strings went out of tune at a faster rate than the old ones and in the end I sold it to one of our neighbours for a sheep and a half....dressed of course! He borrowed one of those 'Bobcat' mini excavator things with a set of forks on the front and as the piano was heading up the street I stood on the forks and played Billy Joel's  'Just the Way You Are'!!

In it's place I now have a Technics full size digital piano that has the precise sound, touch and feel as a concert grand! It never goes out of tune and it is just bloody wonderful to play....like I said, It's my Valium!

Cheers.....Rob

Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

@Lizzie

In Winter I usually warm my self up and relaxing in bathroom (we have spacious bathroom with heated floor). So there is a spot in the corner where set it as 'my cosy corner'. It sounds weird but nothing beats the heated floor in cold winter.

In summer, I hang out at balcony but in Norway the summer is very short so yeah.

On any other days I went to the park and read books or just chill at home with cup of tea. 😄

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This sounds so nice @Kim-and-Jen0. I think if I ever build my dream house I will put in underfloor heating, it is like the floor is giving you a big hug. hehe

I do love it that you have a cosy corner, somewhere nice to just have some time to call your own and relax. It does seem to be a bit of a reoccuring theme here, @Bruce43 and @Robin4 have their own man caves to relax in. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kary0
Level 4
Seattle, WA

I love to take a walk with my dogs. Stop in a park and watch others enjoying the day. My dogs and I return home tired and enjoy a nice well deserved nap. 

Kary

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kary0,

It is really nice to hear about how you like to relax. It is great to spend time with your pets and get out and enjoy the fresh air. Oo you might like our 'Meet the pets' discussion here in the Community Center! 🙂

--------------------

Katy35
Level 2
Metairie, LA

Like Lawrence, when a rush of guests takes a small break I like to stay in my condo and soak up some of the culture in my city. I enjoy a day of shopping and gallery hopping a block away with a cocktail in hand, a nice dinner within walking distance followed by some good music close by. After that..... sleeping for an entire day. Lol.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This sounds like a perfect day @Katy35. Oo it makes me want a nice refreshing cocktail now! hehe 🙂

--------------------

Nothing I like better than going out with a good friend to soak up the music in either Crowley's Bar or McCarthy 's downtown in our tiny town which you can walk around in ten minutes but which has ever thirty restaurants and most of them superb with authentic local foods and high standard chefs and music all over the place from most of it really authentic from the two mentioned above to brunch sessions on Sundays with jazz wafting out to the street tables and feeling a bit like New Orleans.   When it alll gets to August crowded there's a great little music venue out beara peninsula The Lake House bar and restaurant and escape to the pier at Helen's Bar....we are blessed in this underpopulated backwater with it's stunning landscape.....days to relax I like walks up the hills to stone circles and views of the bay and lakes or drives to the gorgeous places for a lunch of open crab salad sandwich and a glass of white ....we even have an organic wine supplier locally.....

@Áine--In-Kenmare-Bay0

It sounds absolutely wonderful.........you might have to chalk me up for a visit sometime soon!

Cheers.......Rob

Tetiana12
Level 2
Stryi, Ukraine

To relax:

I watch tv series

I listen to the music
I have recently started taking https://area52.com/delta-8-products/  … mostly to help her with anxieties and to increase her appetite. It seems to be working. I take it to help with sleeping through the night. I haven’t noticed much difference, but as long as it works for her I’ll keep taking it, too.

I started taking it after a nephew reported sleeping “so good” after taking it for a few days. Worth a try any way …