How do you make your guests feel safe?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you make your guests feel safe?

Security.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Creating an inviting and cosy place is an important step towards hosting success, but have you thought about safety too? What are your experiences and advice to create a safer place for you and your guests?

For example, do you have a smoke detector, installed a fire extinguisher or perhaps leave a First Aid kit?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

50 Replies 50

Also known as 'The Tao of Opposites'....And 'Karma'. 

@Rebecca181 You are absolutely correct!

Yes! I have a unit that automates my temperature (to be more specific I opted for Nest), and a motion sensor to switch on the lights (there's nothing worse than arriving at a place in the dark). I got the ideas here: https://www.airgms.com/property-management-software/automate-airbnb/?utm_source=Airbnb%20Community%2...

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

I advise them not to leave food, beverages, lotions, sunscreen or other scented products outside or in their vehicle or they may be mauled by our local bear! 

Ivana178
Level 3
Split, Croatia

In all listings I have first aid box, 2 listings have smoke and carbon monoxide detector, for 3rd just ordered. And 1 has fire extinguisher, considering buying 2 for the rest...

Anybody can advise me what to choose an options: a shared room or an entire house which one is more profitable and very safe to the guest and host. Please help me decide it, thank you