How to edit a public response to a review

Answered!
Giacomo16
Level 1
Lamporecchio, Italy

How to edit a public response to a review

Hello can anyone help? I wrote in my public response to a review 'The hot water is NOT working instead of NOW working' and I am trying to edit and I am unable to do it. Can anyone help? thanks Giacomo

1 Best Answer

To edit a review:

1. Go to Profile on airbnb.com
  2. Click Reviews
  3. Select Reviews By You
  4. Find the review you’d like to edit

If it’s been more than 48 hours, or your host or guest has also posted a review, your review can’t be edited or deleted unless it violates our content policy.

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39

Thanks for raising this. We have just discovered we have the same issue. Have you had any success in resolving this with Airbnb?

Robin443
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

I just did the same thing.  I need to make my response private or delete it.  It isn't bad but the public does not need to see it.  I thought I was responding to a private communication from the guest but it went public under the review.  We should at least be able to delete the response.

Ania15
Level 2
Louisville, CO

I just did the same thing. It is not clear at all that your response to a private feedback will be PUBLIC! There should be a notice stating that before you hit submit. There should be a way to redirect it to PRIVATE. 

Derek167
Level 1
Austin, TX

This is really annoying. I didn't realize my public response would be forever uneditable. I immediately wanted to make an edit to what I said but now I can't. 

Courtney185
Level 2
Awassa, Ethiopia

I've made the same mistake as everyone else on this thread and the featured answer doesn't solve the problem. I contacted AirBnB support about it and they said they coudln't change anything once it's public. I kept complaining so they forwarded my message to another support member. But I don't expect the answer will change.

I guess we all learned a hard lesson about private vs public responses! Seriously though, they need to change that interface so it's less confusing, or warn us that what we're saying is about to go up on our profiles forever. 

Ruth506
Level 1
Columbia, MD

As Julie and Mike state, you have 48 hours to change a public review. The steps to edit a review are:

1. Log into your account on airbnb.com.
  2. Click on your photo in the upper right corner of the page.
  3. Select Profile.
  4. Select Reviews in the sidebar menu.
  5. Click the Reviews By You tab.
  6. Find the review you’d like to edit.
  7. It doesn't show as a hyperlink, but you can click on the word Edit (between your review and the date) to go through the review process again and make any updates you wish to make.

@Ruth506 :  question is not about a Review,  it's about a Review Response.

Well hello everyone!

I’m Vicky Flynn of Bear Run Log Cabins, Maggie Valley, NC.

I did the same... wrote a public response pairing two separate guests as visiting together!

Desperate for a edit solution..... I FOUND IT!

Here's what you do:

1. Go to your public response.

2. Highlight the entire response including the title for that response:

i.e 

Response from Vicky: 
I enjoyed your visit Marina and look forward to a return visit. So glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for coming and sending out your recommendation for coming to Bear Run.

3. Right click on the highlighted response. Will open a pull-down menu.

4a. Select “Inspect” at the bottom of the menu. Will open a second window multiple sections of program jargon...don't be afraid...look at the top sections and the already highlighted line only.

i.e.

<p>...</p>

4b. Double click on this symbol... will open the text of your response... bringing you curser over text will highlight it.

5. Right click this text... will drop down a menu

6. Select "Edit Text" on the top of the menu

7. You can now "Edit the text of your response" 🙂 

8. ONLY EDIT THE TEXT

9. DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING ELSE.

10 Once edited simply look at the original response page and it should be changed.

11. Close the "Inspect window" with the "X" top right corner of the window.

All the world is in order again.... 🙂 

Have a blessed day!

Vicky,

I'm sorry for you and also for all that experienced this problem (me in the group too).

The functionality that you found in your browser is useful for web developers and doesn't change the real html code but only your temporary visualization of the page that you are visiting in that specific moment.

Re-take a look to your public response and you'll verify my statement.

Ciao

Hi Ciao,

I discovered this too. My excitment is gone and I now know I've "learned the hard way" as one of the others stated.

Thanks for your response.

Vicky

@Antonino73 wrote:

Vicky,

I'm sorry for you and also for all that experienced this problem (me in the group too).

The functionality that you found in your browser is useful for web developers and doesn't change the real html code but only your temporary visualization of the page that you are visiting in that specific moment.

Re-take a look to your public response and you'll verify my statement.

Ciao

@Antonino73   

Hi Antonino, I read through your response and it sounds like an edit in the HTML code on the developer page does not "stick".  Is that what you are saying.  Its a real time but only a snapshot real time (temporary) as it won't "refresh" "reload" as they new edit?  I have enough IT and BA HRMS module admin/owner to be dangerous but before I explore that option, I wish to be sure I am correct in my thinking of your response.  

Thank you that is very helpful as it was something I was considering.

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it

Thanks for the super nice try though!  Would have been too good to be true.

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Call ABB Support and tell them you made an embarassing typo in a review response.  🙂

They will not change it, even if your response is inaccurate and misleading, it's written in stone.  Nothing to do and Above Accepted Response that everyone likes does not apply to this situation.

Daphne113
Level 2
Allentown, PA

It bothers me that this question/issue is marked as resolved when it clearly wasn't. I just experienced a similar issue and submitted a response to a customer review. He left a nice 5 star review, but at the end of the review he mentioned (to paraphrase) that the house was too cold but that we had blankets so it was okay. The problem was that while adjusting the thermostat they accidentally switched the system to "emergency heat" mode, and the result is the system shuts down the heat pump and runs resistance heating- which is really intended to keep the house from freezing (if the system were to break down) until the system can be repaired. The guest didn't tell us there was a problem, and we didn't even realize he did this until we went to the property after he checked out. I composed a nice response, explaining what happened and that we installed a Nest thermostat so that we could check and control the system remotely to ensure this would never happen again. And I mentioned that we were also installing a gas fireplace as a backup in case we ever lose power. For some reason, after I hit submit, a huge section of my response never posted. So the message looks like I am apologizing for a system that doesn't work, or possibly that there was an electrical issue. Either way, we are now beginning to book for winter season and I don't want people to be turned away because the house has an issue it doesn't have. I called support, was disconnected twice, on my 3rd attempt I was told someone would call me back (but didn't), and had to call and speak to 2 more people before someone would even tell me they were actually going to look into the issue. In the end it didn't matter because they said it wasn't the fault of the system, and the only recourse would be to delete my response but I wouldn't be able to post a new one. I decided to leave what was there because it felt like it was better than no response at all, but I am completely drained and frustrated by the whole process.