How to help a guest who becomes ill

Meredith11
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

How to help a guest who becomes ill

My current guest has a stomach virus or food poisoning.  She has thrown up several times today.  What is your practice for helping guests who become ill while visiting?  I've made her tea, and told her to stop apologizing.  I think she will probably recover, but I don't know where I would refer someone who needs to see a doctor.  What do you people do?

Meredith Watts

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Meredith11 Is there a medical clinic or Urgent Care center near you that you can take her to?  That's what I would do if she's not getting better.  

Thank you, Clare.  I guess I should find out where the nearest place is.  Her husband is with her, fortunately.  He went to the pharmacy and got some anti-nausea medicine and he said he thought she was feeling better, but my husband said he heard her throw up again about half an hour ago.  Bummer.  

We are Kaiser members, and I think they wouldn't see her, but I should call the advice nurse.  They have traveler's insurance.  I am in the Castro, in case anyone knows if we have an urgent care center here.  (Sometimes I feel so clueless about my own city.)

Maybe I could take her to Davies on Divisadero.  

thanks again, Clare,

Meredith