How to rent middle term

Cedric0
Level 1
Marseille, France

How to rent middle term

Being far away from my property, I would like to put it on middle term rentals

It would be great to grab tips about how to optimize my communication in order to get more 1-6 months bookings

2 Replies 2
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Cedric, you are asking this question on the wrong forum.  THis board, "Traveling" is for guests, it is a guest forum, and "Booking and Reservations" where you have posted this, is a board for guests to ask questions about bookings and reservations.  These boards are not intended for hosts to ask questions of other hosts.  I suggest you post on the "Hosting" groups which are all for hosts to ask questions of hosts.  

Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

Hi Cédric!

We offer short and long term rentals as the guest like it. But the problem is: The short term bookings interrupt long period gaps in your calendar. 

I also like to have more long term than short term rentals: You can earn a lot of more money with short term but you'll have a lot or more work. And you get to know you're guests much better.

We proceeded as follows: Gave a nice discount for long term bookings (I believe Airbnb changes from fixed amounts to percentages) and extended our minimum stay (this prevents a "fragmented" calendar). In our case we extended the minimum stay just from 2 to 3 nights and now we're fully booked up to february with long term guests. 😉

Good luck!