How to transfer communication with host to another guest?

Michaela-A-0
Level 1
Petaluma, CA

How to transfer communication with host to another guest?

Hello, 

I had booked a place with 3 other people (one of them my now ex-boyfriend) and since I paid for it, I am the primary contact for the host to communicate with. I am no longer with the boyfriend so I am not going to be staying at this place anymore, but I was kind enough not to cancel the reservation. How can I transfer the communication with the host (check in information, questions/answers, check out, etc) to his mom instead?

I figure there was a way, but not sure how to do it?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Michaela-A-0,

You must talk to your host first to let them know the new circuntsnaces to see if they are willing to receive third party guests.

Since none of them are registered with Airbnb per say, in case something goes wrong, you still might be held countable for any damage or any other wrong doing.

Michaela-A-0
Level 1
Petaluma, CA

Is that an option on the host's end to be able to "receive third party guests"? I am hoping that his mom doesn't have to create an account just so he can communicate with the host? 

Absolutely! It´s up to the host to decide whether to continue or not with this reservation considering that you, the guest that made the reservation, isnt present on the check in day.

Just explain to the host what has changed and they might just let you continue with the reservation.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Michaela-A-0

Many hosts wont take third party bookings it  is against Airbnb rules. If there is damage to the property or a problem Airbnb won't cover the host. 

What you need to do is make this as easy as possible for the host to consider ammending,  by you doing the leg work. Call Airbnb ask them if your boyfriend/mum makes an account can the booking be transferred? Why wouldn't you want him/his mum to make an account it should only take a few minutes.

If Airbnb say yes,  then you can ask the host if they would agree to do this.

It will be up to them as to whether they want to accept.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Michaela-A-0 you won't be able to do this. the host won't be able to do this.

Only an ABB CS can do this and it will involve one of the actual guests creating a profile. The ABB communication system only works with ABB profiles.

Do this as quickly as possible, bc even tho you think you haven't cancelled this reservation, if the group shows up without you with them then the host is allowed to turn them away. YOU have a reservation, the rest of the group does not.