How to view Host initiated cancellations only.

Spencer27
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

How to view Host initiated cancellations only.

Since acheiving SuperHost status last year I've tried diligently to retain it only to dicsover I didn't meet the requirements because my Commitment percentage was 98% instead of 100%. This means I canceled a guests reservation and this DID NOT occur. I have multiple cancellations and cannot tell who initiated the cancellations so I can't even identifiy which reservation cancellation to refute! What do I do without piecing together the story of each guest to try and assess who canceled????

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It was a guest called Paula, @Spencer27. It is right on your profile. It is possible you received one of those "the guest wants you to cancel" notifications from Airbnb, and you were nice and said yes. (Never say yes to those, if it was not you who wanted the guest to cancel - because it is you who bears the penalties.) Or it was a glitch in which the guest called Airbnb and you were wrongly credited with the cancellation. That has happened. 

If you didn't say yes to a notification, then you can call Airbnb and see whether you can get it reversed. Look at your conversation thread with Paula to remind yourself of what happened. All the best!

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Spencer27,

Did you receive a message, by notification or email, saying that a guest requested to cancel?

If you did and you accepted it then Airbnb takes it that you initiated the cancellation. It's a sneaky, underhand way that Airbnb uses to ensure that a guest who wishes to cancel can get a full refund, including the Airbnb fees. If the guest did the cancellation themselves they would loose the Airbnb fees.

For each of the cancellations you could check your notifications or emails to see if you received such an email.

If the guest initiated the cancellation, rather than sending a cancellation request, you should have received a notification and / or email saying "We regret to inform you that your guest XX cancelled reservation YYYYYYYYY ...".

Steve.