I can't switch to hosting on my android phone, any ideas?

Susan74
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I can't switch to hosting on my android phone, any ideas?

I've successfully used the app on my phone, but since switching to travelling I can't find a way to switch back to hosting!  I was going to ditch it off my phone and start again, but cannot see a way to download it again on the site.  As I'm not brilliant with technology, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

36 Replies 36

Same here can't switch back to host on my Android phone.

Iclicked on answer from an email and it did take me to the host version to answer from my inbox. When I left and re-entered the app, I was right back to guest mode...

Andno the menu in the top right is no longer there in any of the bottom tabs you select!

As a product development and marketing manager, I or anyone around me would not have allowed the releas of anything with such a major flaw.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @K-G-0,

Nice to meet you. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your app. 

Just a thought, it might be that the app isn't compatible with your version of Android, I wonder are you on the latest software update or are you able to update this?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Or maybe Airbnb development could stop being clever and start gathering and meeting user requirements for usability, including easy and intuitive ways to switch that are tested by us. Just a thought.

Help!

This Air BnB switch to hosting is a nightmare. I can't communicate with guests on my I phone.

The problem started a couple of days ago when I was locked out of the site with a supposedly incorrect password. I re set the password but the site refuses to recognise it and will not allow me to request another one. In frustration, I accidently pressed travelling and now can't get back to hosting...let alone try to slove the initial problem

hi jeana greeting

i am a host from nepal my name is Kim, i had the same problem as you do and i follow the tip some expert explain . if you have still the problems please follow me as bellow:

just open air bnb-go to profile (right site ob the bottom)-open the profile and see the list there is one button saying "switch to host" click there and you automatically on to host.

thank you.

You click on your profile image bottom righthand corner then scroll down and there is a tab to switch between Traveller and Host

I wish - but there ISN'T.  I click on the profile image in the bottom righthand corner, and I see a list of: Notifications, Credits & Coupons, Invite friends, Payments, Become a Host, Settings, Get help, Give us Feedback.  Across the bottom i have icons for Explore, Saved, Trips, Inbox, and Profile.  I tried all of these and none of them says either Traveler or Host.

What am I missing?  I'd sure like to be able to do this.  Thanks!

SEE THE SOLUTION BY BRUCE BELOW, AND MY REPLY.  IT'S FIXED FINALLY.

Not for me, I have:

Edit Profile; Account settings; Invite friends; my guidebook; and  log out.

BUG BUG BUG.....

Natalie274
Level 1
Boston, MA

This is awful 

I cannot access hosting either

so frustrating

Home Away may be better ??

Bruce170
Level 1
Whitehorse, Canada

This post is dated June 2018.  I just got off the phone with AirBNB support without getting a solution to this problem.  I could not find a "Switch to Host" option, nor could the agent.  My problem is now fixed.

I have two google accounts set up with google, but only one set up as an account within the phone.  I went into settings on my phone, chose the "accounts" tab, then added the second google account.  Then on my AirBNB app, I logged out (Settings/Logout).  When I used "google" to log in again, it gave me my two google account options.  I logged into the google account option associated with the email address that airbnb was familiar with and wala, the problem was solved!

Now in the AirBNB app, I choose Profile, and am given a "Switch to Host" or "switch to traveling" option.

Hi Bruce - halleluiah!  I've been having this problem forEVER.  Mine was a little different than yours.   I looked in settings and both of my email accounts were listed (Gmail and Yahoo).  So I just signed out and signed back in, making sure I used my yahoo email to sign in.  It was complicated as they seem to want you to sign in using Facebook or Google, but my yahoo account is associated with Airbnb.  Finally I saw a little login in the upper right corner.  I used that and signed in with my yahoo email and my airbnb password.  Now when I click on Profile I am given the open to Switch to Hosting.

I hope Airbnb is reading these and giving this as an answer - there seem to be many people having this problem. 

Thank you Bruce!!!

Yea, just have to enter the right Google account (the one Air recognizes) and then you can switch to hosting.  Worked perfectly.

Yep, that's the ticket.

hi jeana

i am kim a host from nepal. had same problems as you do. i just follows the tips and its works to me i hope you already fixed problem to  witch in to host from travelling. if not please follow this tips:

open air bnb on your phone- go to profile down right side. then you see those

personal information

payment..

notifications

travel for work

switch to host....... um click here and you will switch to hosting thank you.