I had to cancel and now I can't adjust the price for those dates - why?

I had to cancel and now I can't adjust the price for those dates - why?

Hi there. Im also new to this and added into my listing description there would be a price adjustment for an event (in 2 months time). However I did not adjust in the actual calendar. Someone made a confirmed reservation. Upon telling them of the adjustment they were not happy and wished to decline. So I cancelled. Its now not letting me adjust the price for those dates sayin they are blocked out (grey as above question) to avoid further cancellations. Does anyone no how to amend this? Thanks Bruce

*Title updated

1 Reply 1
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HI @Bruce69,

Welcome to the Community Center!

Unfortunately one of the penalties of a host cancelling a booking is that the dates of the original booking are blocked and you therefore cannot have another reservation then. This is why you are unable to edit the prices for those dates. This Help Guide outlines the penalties for a host if they cancel.

As you are a new host and you weren't aware of the penalties, you can contact Airbnb and see if they might waive these penalties this one time, there is no guarantee this will happen however. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with them.

Kirstie