I have a guest who has stayed here before wanting to book for 4 weeks, Your financial requirements

Answered!
Maggie93
Level 2
Martinez, CA

I have a guest who has stayed here before wanting to book for 4 weeks, Your financial requirements

I have a guest who has stayed here before wanting to book for 4 weeks,  what are Your financial requirements?

He works for a  major oil company on assignment. He wants to pay weekly, because he's having a problem with the site asking him financial questions. He is respectable and very nice. I think he may get paid weekly.

Also if I offer a price for his stay does that include my cleaning fee or do you add that on. Also is that price offer AFTER you ( airbnb) take your fees?  THANKS

1 Best Answer
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Maggie93 All booking needs to be done through Airbnb - as a host, it's not your concern how your guest wants to pay or why - Airbnb takes care of the money aspect of the transaction. If the terms of Airbnb don't suit this guest's particular situation, he may be better off booking a motel/hotel.

It sounds as though this guest is asking you to take the transaction off of Airbnb & you will have no protection if you do that. If you want to send him a special offer, make sure your cleaning fees are included & you have the base price that you expect. Airbnb will add their fees on top of that. He will still have to pay the full amount up front, as long term stays are charged monthly with the first month charged at time of booking. I hope that helps - Karen

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Maggie93 All booking needs to be done through Airbnb - as a host, it's not your concern how your guest wants to pay or why - Airbnb takes care of the money aspect of the transaction. If the terms of Airbnb don't suit this guest's particular situation, he may be better off booking a motel/hotel.

It sounds as though this guest is asking you to take the transaction off of Airbnb & you will have no protection if you do that. If you want to send him a special offer, make sure your cleaning fees are included & you have the base price that you expect. Airbnb will add their fees on top of that. He will still have to pay the full amount up front, as long term stays are charged monthly with the first month charged at time of booking. I hope that helps - Karen

Thanks for replying. NO he is not asking that at all. The problem is that I know him to be a very reputable person. He has stayed with me before. It's just when he tried to book at first they asked him for some kind of statement? bank?

He then went back and was able to book, but was told the decison on pending booking had been sent for review....whatever that means.  English is his second language so it's hard to really understand what happened.

His issue is that, like for most of us, cash flow. for a man with a family. Also the job may change dates on him.

I have told him that if he pays he weill be reimbursed for any days not staying here as long as he follows cancellation proceedure.

His wife (long distance)  is helping with the reservation.

My concern is !) why is he having difficuolty?  2) why can't they do a pending reservation so others can see that the room may not be available. 3) Why cannot I communicate with airbnb that the booking is ok with me?  BUT that they need to deal with his payment. 4) there are a couple of missed castegories with airbnb..........such as no chance to put other and comment on a different circumstance. I just refused a guest ( saying "wasn't a good fit" and Airbnb comes back to me to say that maybe I should check my listing to see if it's comprehensive enough!   It IS. The issue is for a frist time user.............if they start using the App............they seem to find it hard to view the whole listing. It's only after a couple of messages one finds that the guest is not suitable,

My experience so far has been good. I have no desire to handle the financials, but do find that when there is an autofill that I can't eval the client as easily or make an offer on the deal. I don't want to vet eery guest, but it seems like a lot do NOT read the info given and then are disappointed that they need to be refused.

I appreciate the community, but there are circumstances whe one should be able to contact an Airbnb operative!

Thank for taking the time to answer.

P.S.  He wants to use Airbnb but is fairly new at it. These workers can't afford hotels/motels in the area. They have a limited daily allowance.  

Thanks for the tip on the offers. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Maggie

Sounds like a scam to me, if for example he's working for Shell or Mobile do you honestly think he paying his accommodation bill?either that, or he trying to fiddle on his expense’s.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Thanks for reply i some kind of statement? bank?

It is NOT A SCAM. these workers get a skimpy daily allowance for board & food. They are responsible for paying for their expenses including out of pocket over and above that allowance. The rest has to e d dealt with through taxes.

I have a good friend who is a worker so I understand exactly what their cicumstances are. The allowance will not cover an hotel room in this area. They change dates for start and finish often.

He eventually  went back and was able to book, but was told the decison on pending booking had been sent for review....whatever that means.  English is his second language so it's hard to really understand what happened.

His issue like for most of is  cash flow. for a man with a family. Also the job may change dates on him. He not an executive!

I have told him that if he pays he weill be reimbursed for any days not staying here as long as he follows cancellation proceedure.

His wife (long distance)  is helping with the reservation.

My concern is !) why is he having difficuolty?  2) why can't they do a pending reservation so others can see that the room may not be available. 3) Why cannot I communicate with airbnb that the booking is ok with me?  BUT that they need to deal with his payment. 4) there are a couple of missed castegories with airbnb..........such as no chance to put other and comment on a different circumstance. I just refused a guest ( saying "wasn't a good fit" and Airbnb comes back to me to say that maybe I should check my listing to see if it's comprehensive enough!   It IS. The issue is for a frist time user.............if they start using the App............they seem to find it hard to view the whole listing. It's only after a couple of messages one finds that the guest is not suitable,

My experience so far has been good. I have no desire to handle the financials, but do find that when there is an autofill that I can't eval the client as easily or make an offer on the deal. I don't want to vet eery guest, but it seems like a lot do NOT read the info given and then are disappointed that they need to be refused.

I appreciate the community, but there are circumstances whe one should be able to contact an Airbnb operative!

Thank for taking the time to answer.

P. S. these companies...Shell Mobil, Tesoro etc use subsiduaries to recruit and pay the workers. In this country they treat them more like migrant workers.  They say GO............a job on this date....with very little notice of changes.   This man drove 1000 miles to work. 

I ran a B & B in the UK for 5 years and I have never been scammed by anyone!

There are cracks in the Airbnb system just like any.  He should be able to get more help in understanding the system and we should be able to communicate to Airbnb directly, not just wait for a kind person to answer out help question.

Thanks

I had similar guests. Beware, if they offer to book Long term, they usually will report issues and subsequently request you agree to let them pau weekly or off Airbnb. I always decline. It is not safe to do it outside of the system that is working well. Simply too tprubleso

Thanks for your reply. I'm in California.

I appreciate your comments. I never want to deal off books...........no control.  I'll keep that in mind.