I need some advice

I need some advice

I am somewhat new to hosting... I just hosted 6 men for 19 days visiting due to work in area. I received a worning from my internet provider that they had used a company to copy a movie in theaters now. My internet said they would have to suspend my service if I continued. I wrote the men and sent them a copy of the letter I received and asked them to please refrain from doing that. I received no reply. The day before check out... they copied 2 more and I received 2 more warnings. Well, it is in the past now. Do I do anything about that? Would you mention it in the rating? Also, they moved beds to different walls and moved tvs to different rooms. Is that just a "let it go" thing?

5 Replies 5

@Kathleen198 I would definitely mention it!

It is especially egregious because you asked them not to do it, showed them the warnings, and they did it again anyway.

Thank you Matthew!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Kathleen198 

In my opinion:

Thumbs Down & 2* overall rating

2* for communication (your note should have received a response, apology & changed behavior)

2* for House Rules (anything illegal is breaking a rule in my book, your rules may need some more meat for the future & you may should look into internet security before you get banned or fined by your provider)

2* for Cleanliness (bc rearranging your house and not putting it back is a housekeeping issue)

Some hosts would call out the specifics of the guest behavior that is cause for the bad reveiw "These guests were xxxxx (whatever nice thing you can manage to say about them here), but our internet service provider notified us that several illegal downloads happened during their stay and they rearranged quite a bit of our furniture and did not return items to their original locations."

Other hosts would keep it more simple "we would not welcome these guests to return" 

Thank you so much Kelly ... you were very helpful!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

While giving them #2s per @Kelly149 's suggestion - change your password on your internet.