I would love to see a forum where hosts can share tips and simple recipes.

Eileen27
Level 2
Ithaca, NY

I would love to see a forum where hosts can share tips and simple recipes.

Here is a sample tip: turn pillowcases inside out when laundering in case a guest leaves a paper tissue tucked in the pillowcase (not uncommon), then put a used dryer sheet in the pillowcase to keep it smelling fresh.

6 Replies 6
Angela149
Level 1
Boise, ID

I hand out my business cards when guests arrive. It has: the wifi password (my phone number), the gate code, and all my info in case they get lost or want to stay in touch for business! Efficient!
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Similar to @Angela149 but we have a folder in each room which contains the house rules, wifi information, breakfast details, tv channels, local restaurant details (with menus), shop info, a history of the house and village and some info about the hosts.

Rosie10
Level 2
Craster, United Kingdom

I have learnt not to buy different sized fitted sheets for different beds. Just buy the largest flat sheet. that way it will fit any bed and saves going throught wondering whether king, double or single etc

Thank you, @Rosie10!  Buying FLAT sheets is a great idea!  I made the mistake of buying several sets of full and queen sized fitted sheets to fit the beds in my two sleeping areas - all the same color!  You can imagine what I go through each time I wash these same colored, but differently sized sheets!

Wish I had thought to either use all flat sheets as Rosie suggested, or had bought different colors!

On the other hand, I'm embarassed to share how much time I spent watching YouTube videos instructing one how to fold fitted sheets.  I can say, however, that I'm now pretty good!  🙂

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

@Eileen27 maybe you or someone can start this forum??   people can add or take what ideas that would work for them..  I so wish i had time to sort out folder with all the information i would like to put in it.  I work silly hours, am single and rent up to 3 rooms in my house over the summer.. I started last summer was so hectic it was silly!.. took me until this summer to get over it and still no folder done..lol

I have been buying flat sheets as i fitted are a bugger to iron and always pop off!... I cant say my double bed sheets fits my kingsize and one room is black bedding and one white so doesnt work for me!..lol

I leave a heart shaped slate board in the room for couples and write welcome with their names on it.  Also i leave them little notes on their beds if i am at work as can be out overnight and for a few days..  I have found little notes are really appreciated to say hope you had a nice day, any problems you can reach me on ........ Oh and i was embarrassed when an couple of straight indian men came and i put heart shaped names in thier room.. I did not realize one was a mans name and they would be sharing as friends!.  ooopsie but they must have liked as mentioned it in the feedback lol...

Little inexpensive gifts like small choc easter eggs at easter left in thier breakfast bowl or heart shaped chocs at valentines etc is also liked i believe.. I think its the little touches..  if someone is coming late and straight to bed i leave the electric blanket on  in their bed if it is cold and in uk it is always cold. i have old large house with high ceilings..  i would love to come to a bed heated up..if it isnt going to be George clooney waiting then electric blanket will have to do...haha..

Mx

Mx

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

oh and when i was in valencia this spring i saw different size flat  slippers in a hanging case which said "Guest slippers" , so i bought that. I leave that by the door as i dont like outdoor shoes in the house.. Some guests bring their own slipper but some use the ones i leave at the door. They are easy to wash on hand wash setting...

Someone had put that  as a suggestion on feedback .....that as i  required no shoes indoors then i may like to have slippers availables for the guests..so i do now