IDfy: Verification Process in India

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

IDfy: Verification Process in India

Hello everyone,

This post is particularly for those of you who are based in India as it is regarding the personal verification process we’re launching in India with our partner IDfy. There have been a few questions on this here in the Community Center, so I hope the following helps. 🙂

We’re starting by asking small groups of hosts to complete this verification process. If you haven’t received an email with instructions from Airbnb yet, it’s coming soon. You’ll still need to complete the new verification process even if you already have the Verified ID badge.

The process goes as follows:

1. Once you’ve received an invite from Airbnb, you’ll start the verification process by providing some basic information, including your name, father’s name, current address, and Aadhaar number to IDfy. The information you submit must match your Airbnb profile.
  2. You will also need to upload a copy of the back side of the Aadhar and a current address proof.
  3. Within 2 weeks, you'll receive an email letting you know the status of your verification. If anything is missing or incomplete, IDfy will reach out to you by phone or email.
  4. Someone from the IDfy team will be visiting your current address to verify the same.

Some frequently asked questions:

What if I don’t have an Aadhaar Card?

If you don’t have an Aadhaar card, you should consider obtaining one, as this is now the preferred identity card to access everything from a SIM card to social services.  You can find more information about obtaining an Aadhar card at this link: https://uidai.gov.in/

You can also use a Passport as your Identity proof. But in such case, you will be required to provide a copy of your Passport (first and last page) and proof of address to IDfy.

What documents can I submit as valid address proof?

You can upload a copy of your Aadhaar Card, Passport, Utility bills, Voter ID or the rent agreement that has your name and current address on it.

What if I do not currently reside in India?

In such case, we would recommend that you add the person responsible for managing your listing as a Co-Host. He/She can be a family member, friend, colleague or your property caretaker as well. Your Co-Host will also need to complete the verification process. The process to add a Co-Host can be found in this Help Center article: How do I add a co-host to my listing?

For more help and details please visit the link: What should I expect from the host verification process with IDfy?

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

35 Replies 35

I've uploaded the documents of Soma Ray on 3rd February with mobile no 9932835933. I have requested the customer care guys many times to look upon this problem. It has already completed 5 weeks and yet now there is no response from your side .

This is shameful. 

I'm requesting you to resolve this case as soon as possible. 

Aashish3
Level 2
Manali, India

I have received an email from idfy and my listing got deactivated. it is just because I have asked the Airbnb support team about the email that much is it true to make sure I am not sharing my details with spammers. 

Airbnb support team told me that the email is spam and I don't need to act on it. 

below is the proof of written confirmation from Airbnb.

http://prntscr.com/o89pmn

after deactivation of listing on June 4, I have asked Airbnb support again why the listing is deactivated and I heard that it is due to "Host verification process". and that too after 20 days on June 24, WOW.

I had submitted papers to IDFY on June 11, after being hopeless and on risk and IDFY told me the time of 10 days max its 18th day today and situation is still the same that there is no confirmation about when the process will be completed. When I call IDFY they tell me to talk to Airbnb and when getting in touch with Airbnb they say get in Touch with IDFY. 

it looks like Bermuda Triangle in the Peak Tourist Season. I have suffered financial Loss. 

I hope community members will understand this. 

Thanks

Torbjörn0
Level 2
Oskarshamn, Sweden

Hi, anyone knows if it is still more or less impossible to get verified in India?

I was deactivited a very long time ago and was never able to get in touch with the completely hopeless IDFY.

Any news about this?

It looks like AirBnb is still active in India, but for how long?

can anyone help me with the verification? IDFY is saying they cant find my account.

I have received notification to register for IDfy.

Since I live out of India, I asked my co-host to contact them and do the needful.

He was told that he will need to become the main host and I will be changed to co-host.

How can this be since the property belongs to my wife and I, and IDfy is asking it to be shown as his.

Arnab19
Level 1
Kolkata, India

Hello Airbnb  Team, I am an Airbnb 'verified' host in India. I have uploaded all documents on the Airbnb portal and also on the platform of the verification partners- Authbridge. I am not getting any response from Authbridge and still my property is delisted which is completely unfair. Please help.