Id Verificaton

Nikky1
Level 2
Mohawk, OR

Id Verificaton

In REsponse to Dave and Deb's answer advising to go to "reservation requirements".  This doesn’t give me very many options - only to uncheck “require guests to go through verification”.  I do want verification but not drivers license or passport because, as my prospective guest pointed out, her government (Dutch) advises against giving out this information because, whether or not Airbnb utilizes encryption, this information could be hacked.  I really only want verification as to phone number, membership in Linked-in or Facebook, a photo and previous reviews - especially for “Instant Book”.  In the "help" section it states that alternate verification methods can be accepted rather than official, government documentation but they kept being asked for that documentation by Airbnb even though they had an earlier review, phone number, email, and Linked In verification on record.  Any advice about that?

Thanks,

Nikky

1 Reply 1
Rebecca0
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Nikky, you are an independent operator. It is your choice, and only yours, what type of verification you require.  Personally, I don't require any verification.  For me the most important thing is the quality of communication with prospective guests.  For others, it is imperative that they have official ID verified, particularly perhaps when the are renting a self-contain property. Hosting is very rewarding on many levels but you have to be prepared to take ultimate responsibility.  Sounds to me like you don't want to require official verification.  In which case, simply go to 'manage listings' and select the appropriate tab.