Improve Visibility to Guest Review Details

Steven74
Level 9
United States

Improve Visibility to Guest Review Details

There are new services launching all over the world that cater to the needs of Airbnb hosts.

From key exchanges and marketing automation to cleaning and concierge services - just about any part of the host experience can be outsourced.

Currently, hosts have no way to know how any particular guest rated any of the review categories.

For example, lets say a guest leaves a 4 star rating in the cleanliness category for their most recent stay. The host can see in their dashboard that a 4 star rating was received in this category but has no way to know which guest gave that rating.

Why is this important? Because at the most basic level, the value of guest feedback is so that we can improve!

If I have a cleaner or a housekeeper, the only possible way I can improve cleanliness is to be able to provide feedback to the person who cleaned the space for the guest who left a four star rating.

The same applies to the other categories. If a guest has a bad check in experience, I need to be able to tie that rating back to the guest who left it so that I can figure out who checked that guest in.

Many people clean their own space, handle guest check-ins, etc but many of us travel while our space is rented out and we use cleaning services, housekeepers, friends and family to help us out.

Reviews, ratings and feedback is one of the most valuable things we have and I think it's being under utilized. Airbnb should be thinking I'm terms of 360 degree feedback loops. Doing so would result in a constantly improving guest and host community.

Don't flaunt me with various categories if star ratings if I can't take action to improve those ratings. Furthermore, the feedback, reviews and ratings we receive are directly related to the experience a guest has with MY PROPERTY while being MY GUEST. This is data I should have access to.
7 Replies 7
Judith44
Level 2
Woodbury, CT

Absolutely agree

Hilda7
Level 2
Portland, ME

Yes, I agree too. I just noticed that someone gave me a 3-star on cleanliness and believe me, my place is SPOTLESS. Of course, nobody mentioned anything that they felt wasn't clean or needed to be replaced and no mention was made of anything like that in any of the reviews. Really bothers me that I don't know who thought that and why they thought so. 

I guess this is on another thread but I was wondering if perhaps the unhappy guest mentioned it in the private comments to Airbnb that those comments are then passed along to us??

Caroline20
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

I absolutely agree ! I feel that when a guest gives you less than 5 star there should be a explanation or comment as to why. This way we have the opportunity to resolve the matter and improve.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Steve-And-JoAnn0
Level 2
North Kingstown, RI

I totally agree with the previous comments. We have gotten mostly 5 star reviews but in some areas ( location, communication,etc) we received less than 5 stars. Without more specifics is difficult to make improvements. We are always looking for ways make the Airbnb experience better for our guests and more transparancy would help.

Steve

Whimiscal Wickford 

Rebecca4
Level 10
San Jose, CA

I have been complaining to Airbnb staff for 3 years about this. It is ludicrous to not know why someone rated less than 5 stars. I now have an evaluation in the guest's room that outlines the 6 categories and asks them to give me any feedback *during* their stay so I can have a chance to give them a 5-star experience.