Info about health issues

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Info about health issues

I wonder if people that have some health issues, that can affect others, inform about it? Husband of my guest has asthma. He snores and coughs all night long, I just can’t sleep normally. I wonder why people are renting shared flat knowing that they will be disturbing others? Obviously, I can’t put it in public review, it will be deleted 

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Yulianna0  It sounds like sleep apnea to me not an issue caused by his asthma and I would actually mention it to the guests that they might want to be tested for it. They can die from this in their sleep. They may not be aware there is treatments available for it. My husband has this and he now uses a small machine which is  portable for him to take where ever he stays. His uncle died at 51 in his sleep from this not being treated.  

Thank you, Letti. After 1 night when I heard those sounds I asked about it. It is easy to catch cold in a long trip, nothing strange. But the woman told me that he has asthma and always sleeps so! It means she was aware of the problem renting my room. Have no clue how to prevent such things in future

@Yulianna0   I have asthma, so does my mother and my sister. None of us have this issue relating to our asthma. I seriously would think about asking her if he has ever been tested for sleep apnea as he is showing all the signs of it with snoring that is loud and disruptive. My guess is he also stops breathing or wakes up gasping throughout the night thus the coughing. My husband sounded like a freight train going all night he was so loud, I was sleep deprived from it. I finally made him go to the doctor about it. I would never have rented a shared home with him, even my kids complained about it. 

Do you think it will be polite to talk to her about it? As soon as she is aware of the problem? Anyway, just one more night. I have other things to tell them and let’s hope that I will have no need to ask to pay for small repairing. Already made foto if I need to claim... But snoring is terrible!