Initial guest had his partner come to stay

Rossi0
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Initial guest had his partner come to stay

Hi

Initial guest booked for a weeks' stay, which was accepted. However, he stated in written conversation that his partner will come to stay 2 days but he stayed 3. I reminded him that he needed to pay for his partner, as per my listing and its' pricing policy. The guest leaves early tomorrow and hasn't spoken to me since. Please advise.

3 Replies 3

Either write it off or confront guest immediately. 

if you elect to confront guest by prepared to call the police and have guest removed for theft of services.

Dont accept, i'll send the money at a later date.  Once they have service 95% of the time you will not get paid.

regards

ed

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Submit a request through the Resolution Center for the additional amount.

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

While the guest is still there, initiate a change request that reflects the actual dates and number of guests for the stay. The guest will be prompted to accept the change, if he does, the Airbnb platform will automatically calculate the price difference. If the guest doesn't accept the change, then address it in the Resolution Center. It is easier for Airbnb representatives to help you if you keep your conversations with the guest in the message thread, so clarify in the message thread your terms and your understanding of the dates involved and number of guests. If it has become uncomfortable or even hostile, then enlist the help of Airbnb sooner by calling an Airbnb support team representative. Do not ask for or accept money outside of the Airbnb platform. If you are only charging the second person for part of the stay, you will need to do it through the Resolution Center. Also, you may want to rethink your policy of charging for extra guests. Instead just price your place to  cover two or more.