Instant Book is on, but doesn't appear as such in searches

CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

Instant Book is on, but doesn't appear as such in searches

We grudgingly turned on Instant Book last week because after testing on different browsers, it became clear that Airbnb drives guests toward Instant Book even if they select just one filter in their search.

However, I've been running more tests since (logged out of Airbnb, all cookies erased) and it appears our listing does not come up as an Instant Book listing in searches, even though we've  had it activated for several days.

So to recap: Instant Book is on, but when we search in our town for properties on dates when we know we're available, our listing appears without the lightning bolt icon -- and once "See Instant Book listings" is selected, our listing disappears entirely from search results.

Any ideas on a resolution to this?

Thanks!

Carl and Diane

20 Replies 20

Hello Dirk,

Fellow IT here - same problem with my listing since yesterday.

Still waiting on airbnb support after 24h to provide me with a solution.

Did you get your issue solved?

Corene-And-Brandon0
Level 1
State College, PA

I'm grateful to find this thread. I'm new to Airbnb.  Initially, I didn't have IB, but switched it on 7 days ago.  However, there is no indication on my listing that IB is on.  I've tried several browers, logging in and out, turned it off and on, and double-checked that I only have "Airbnb standard requirements" selected.  Can anyone tell me how to get IB on my listing?

Andrei281
Level 1
Constanța, Romania

1 year later from the last comment, the problem persists .. Instant book is on, without any guest requirements but when I am trying to search as a guest, the flat is on the map/list, but when I set the instant book filter disappears..

Vince-And-Ismara0
Level 1
Big Bear Lake, CA

Any resolution to this issue? Here in 2022 now and having the same problem. Airbnb advised they have their engineers looking into it but it’s already been a few days since I initially reported the issue with instant book and still nothing from Airbnb and the problem persists.

Would love to hear if there is a resolution. I have removed all additional ID requirements from my listing AND have ensured I am logging with my account when performing my search. My listing still does not show up and I have no idea why. My listing says IB is on. I have been listing with Airbnb since 2016 and am a little disappointed that this issue is still outstanding given the amount of people that are affected by this. 

@CarlandDiane0 something wrong with your profile and in your profile I can not even see that oyu are hosting anything at all (may be others already pointed that out) Carl&Diane's Profile - Airbnb

Also, it is complete BS that you will not appear in search if they do not satisfy your criteria (airbnb staff really ... I mean really...) - what if people are not logged in?