Instant Booking guest wants to cancel

Instant Booking guest wants to cancel

Hello, I have an Instant Booking guest coming on Friday. It turns out that he did't read the listing properly and thought he was getting the entire appartment rather than just a private room and now he wants to cancel. This is too late for me to re-let the room so I don't want to give him a full refund. It is peak season here.  (My cancellation policy is "Strict" so he's only entitled to 50% up to a week before and zero after that.) But equally, I don't want a bad rating from him. 

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks,

Beth. 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Beth95  Don't do anything.  Let the guest deal with Air BNB and cancel.  You should be compensated according to your policy.  Alternatively, if you think you can re-book the space, you could advise him that should you be able to re-book, you would be willing to give him further refund once you are paid for the new listing.  This offer could prompt him to act quickly so you could book the space is you wish.

If he does not stay at your place, he will not be able to review you.

Dear Linda,

Hello, I have just sent him a message suggesting exactly that. I don't suppose he will be very happy, but I agree with you that it's the right course of action.

Thank you,

Beth.