Instant bookings for wrong city

Helga63
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Instant bookings for wrong city

I seem to get instant bookings and sometimes request bookings for guests who need accommodation in other countries. I’m in Cape Town and they’re booking in Paris, Las Vegas or even Hong Kong. Often these are also last minute bookings which means that the guest ends up paying. Is there a glitch in your system? 

1 Reply 1
Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

I recently had a request for a booking for December. The young Asian lady wished to book for 9 people, which I would have been happy to accept, but in reading her communication I realised she was asking questions about another town about 7 hrs drive away from us . I continued to communicate with her as to where in the country she really wanted to be , and we soon established that she thought we were in the area she wanted so she apologised and the booking was rejected. I have now been marked from 100% acceptance to 91% as her booking declined so that she could book in the area she really wanted too.

My rating has suffered because an innocent mistake was made by a student from another country that had no idea  how to read a map and understand that sometimes several places can have the same name when they are in different states.

ABB algorythms suck.