Insulting messages

Markéta2
Level 1
Vrané nad Vltavou, Czech Republic

Insulting messages

One of my hosts got insulting messages from my profile, but it obviously was not me who sent it. What should I do?

Thank you

M

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Markéta2,

You should check how many logins there are to your account and log out any that you don't trust or recognise. Then check your email and bank account details to see if they're still correct. Then change your password.

You could also contact Airbnb support to report the issue.

Click on your profile photo and then on "Account settings" and then on "Security" to see current logins. You can then click the "Log out" link for ones that you don't trust or recognise.

Steve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Markéta2,

I hope you're well. 

I could see that Steve has recommended to check your security settings. I was wondering if you could give us an update about this? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Markéta2
Level 1
Vrané nad Vltavou, Czech Republic

Hi, I checked the settings, I changed the password, I didn't find any other weird messages or bookings. 

So I hope everything is OK and safe now. Were there some other similar cases to this one? 

Do you have some updates on what and how happened?

Thank you

Markéta

First you need to change your airbnb account password and replace it with a more complicated password because someone may have guessed your old password...Try entering the email you use to log in to the airbnb account and see from where you were logged in the last few days.