Is anyone else receiving awful customer service? ( this poor service is new)

Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

Is anyone else receiving awful customer service? ( this poor service is new)

Hi all,

Unfortunately, as a host,  I have had to reach out to customer service 4 different times in the last three months, and each time I have had horrible support via email and phone calls.

Emails bounce back. Claims are closed without review. Support is not immediate, I had to wait for two months for assistance with one claim.

I have been a full time host and occasional guest with AirBnB since 2009. Over this time span, when something comes up, I receive immediate, top notch support and resolution. Now, perhaps in the last 6 months, I am experiencing a serious decline in service.

Are other people experiencing this? 

To me, if I don't have great customer service, or reimbursement support for claims ( mine was a proven theft with police report) then why pay fees to AirBnB? Why stay with AirBnB?  I am quite perplexed, as this has been a nice business for me, and I feel it may be time to leave AirBnB. Are others feeling this way too?

273 Replies 273
Corey222
Level 1
Centennial, CO

Absolutely!!! THE worst customer service and care of any company I have ever engaged for business. And the company seems to care very little about hosts, versus the coddling they do of problematic guests. The only reason I hang around is the name recognition that brings in so many hosting opportunities. I’m currently vetting other options for my rental. Good luck.

Nicole2226
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

yes, unfortunately also on the other side - extremely unhelpful and the worse is that they don't think about the customer's safety.

I stayed at an airbnb house on the ocean in Florida last year and loved it.  I booked the same place this year.  The cost was $1430 including tax and fees.  Unfortunately the hurricane damaged the seawall and the reservation had to be cancelled.  I was issued a coupon for $143 to rebook with airbnb.  I tried to book for 6 months later at the exact same place for the exact same amount of time.  I am not able to use the coupon because it is only good for the booking amount before taxes and fees.  The only way to make the coupon valid was to add 2 days to the reservation  for almost $600 more.  I am not in the position to do this.  I called airbnb customer service 4 times finally ending up with a supervisor.  They all sound like a broken record saying the same thing.  "I am sorry but this was computer generated and nothing can be done."  This company is greedy with no one with authority to make customers happy.  Never again!

Airbnb is notorious for their manipulative & underhanded methods to get as much money as possible, not least of which to mention, HORRIBLE customer “service.” And lest you think it’s a different experience as a Superhost, think again. I held that status for years, and despite, I was given the same runarounds and disrespectful lack of appreciation as the rest of you.