Is it possible to block dates in the calendar even before they become available?

Chris156
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Is it possible to block dates in the calendar even before they become available?

Hey fellow hosts,

So here's the background to my question:

My Airbnb listing is set so that guests can only request to book for the next 3 months. I don't rent out to guests if I am not at home and I have vacations planned over the next months up till the end of the year.

My question is, can I block days in my calendar, e.g. in September, right now so that those days never become available or do I have to keep thinking to check when my vacations are exactly 3 months away to then block the days once they become available in my calendar?

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Chris156,

You can manually block a range of dates and they won't become available as time passes.

On your calendar, click on the first date that you want to block. Then, in the window that appears on the right, click in the "End date" box and select the last date to block and click on "Save changes".

Steve.

No you can't block off dates that are already blocked off.  But you can make an extra requirement in the Availability Settings which would severely limit the guest being able to book until you block it off.  For example.  a weekend you will be away in August.  That's outside your 3-month mark.  Select 10 days including that weekend and make the requirement that the guest needs to book all 10 days - sort of unlikely.  That way when the dates roll on, you don't have to go in every day and block them off.  You still have to be vigilant and make sure you eventually go in, block the days you want off, and take that requirement off.  

If you use the Calendar import from another booking service and they allow day's to be blocked off in this way, you can block them there and eventually they will be imported to block on Airbnb. 

Hello @Alice-and-Jeff0,

After reading your reply I see that I misread @Chris156's question so my answer doesn't apply.

Steve.

Hi @Alice-and-Jeff0 & @Steve143,

Thank you for your answers and suggestions, I'll take a look at what Alice & Jeff suggested.

Best regards,

Chris