Is there ANY way to unblock my calendar after having to cancel a reservation????

Stephen98
Level 1
Baton Rouge, LA

Is there ANY way to unblock my calendar after having to cancel a reservation????

So, for background, I originally accepted a 2-week reservation over a month in advance, but I learned shortly afterward that my main job had me scheduled to travel possibly around the beginning of the first week, so I wasn't sure how I'd let my guest in. While I wanted him to originally just accept a modification to arrive at a later date when I knew I would be back in town to avoid (first-time) cancellation issues, we mutually agreed to cancel the reservation so that he could make one reservation.

While I know that first work week of time is still uncertain, I would certainly be available for the weekends in-between, so is there anyway to adjust individual days?

2 Replies 2
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

If you canceled, or even if you just okayed a cancellation request from the guest, you will be penalized by having these dates blocked out by Airbnb,so you cannot rent them to anybody else. In addition, you will be penalized $50 or $100, to be subtracted by airbnb from your next rental.
Live and learn..... best is to thoroughly familiarize yourself with all the cancellation rules, easily accessible.
As you are new, there might be a chance that if you call Airbnb, that they will waive the penalty one time gor you and unblock those dates.
Cancellation penalties and how to reach are the two most often repeated issues here. get more info via the search function here. Good luck and happy hosting!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Did you read up on the consequences of making a cancellation?

Nothing you can do, AirBnB obviously could.

David