Is there someone that can tell me how to pay local taxes in Boston Metro?

Mark283
Level 1
Dedham, MA

Is there someone that can tell me how to pay local taxes in Boston Metro?

Taxes are a big concern and I feel like I am going deeper in debt as the months pass by.  I don't know what steps to take to see how to pay local taxes in Boston Metro, Massachusetts.

17 Replies 17

Now that the new proposed regulation by Mayor Walsh has been published that bans investor-owned short term rentals, we should make sure our voices are heard. Here is the link:  http://files.constantcontact.com/e7a569b1501/687a0216-0e9b-40d9-a131-049346f25142.pdf 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

What taxes concern you? Income tax? Hotel tax? Something else?

Income tax is simple. You pay taxes on your income less expenses on either a Schedule C or Schedule E. These taxes are due quarterly.

At this time, AirBNB properties do not need to collect the hotel tax, but I suspect that this will change within the next year.

Voyage0
Level 2
Boston, MA

Hi folks - is anyone else getting taxed for stays > 30 nights? The tax law is clear that stays < 30 nights are to be taxed, yet Airbnb is charging taxes for reservations > 30 nights. This is impactful to guests and hosts since they are overpaying by up to 17.95%. I raised this to customer support and they couldn't help me and pointed me to raise this to Airbnb in the feedback form. Not helpful so far.