Issues with no. of guests

Yi-Xian0
Level 1
Malacca, Malaysia

Issues with no. of guests

Hi there, my friends and I are currently searching for a place that could fit in 8 people in Adelaide. However, there aren't many choices which fulfils our needs. We've came across with one place that accomodates 7 at max and I'm wondering if it is possible for us to request to have 8 people staying in there? Does it go against airBnB policies or does it depends on the owner? We really  wouldn't mind paying extra, we're just very desperate as we're running out of time, thank you for your time and help in advance to whoever is reading this. Have a nice day! (:

1 Reply 1
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Yi-Xian0

The agreement is always between guest and host, so you need to contact the host with your request and be totally honest about your situation. Host can then evaluate and give you an offer or give you an explanation why the request cannot be met. Sometimes hosts can be fined if they exceed the max number of guests due to fire regulations for example.

You should never show up with more guests than agreed in the booking. This is a breach of contract and you could risk being turned away.