Leaving for vacation(no internet) and cannot respond within 24 hours. How do I indicate this on my

LeeAnn2
Level 1
Cincinnati, OH

Leaving for vacation(no internet) and cannot respond within 24 hours. How do I indicate this on my

8 Replies 8
LeeAnn2
Level 1
Cincinnati, OH

I am leaving for vacation with my family (no internet) and will not be able to respond within 24 hours, should a request come in for after that ime..... How do I indicate this on my page. Of course, I do have the days we are on vacation blocked off. 😉 

Ewan0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I'm a host looking for the answer to exactly this question ... there should be something akin to an 'out of office' message.  Does anybody know?

Ewan0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi LeeAnn, 

I've just spoken to Airbnb customer services here in the UK, who say there is no 'out of office' type facility, at least here in the UK.

I can't see why there can't or shouldn't be one.  Anyway, I think all I'm going to do is add a note to the top of my profile while I'm away ... and hope that prospective guests see it!

Best, 

Ewan

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@LeeAnn2, @Ewan0 you need to snooze your listing for the time you are away. To do this go to your calendar and at the bottom of the menu there is a dropdown which will currently say Listed. Click it and change it to Snoozed. A window will open for you to enter the start and end dates of the snooze. 24 hours before the end you will receive an email that it is coming to an end. During the snooze period guests who already have a reservation can still message you but you will not receive booking enquiries, instant bookings or appear in search results.

Ewan0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Ha, interesting, thank you.  Someone needs to tell Airbnb customer services --- I said I was going on holiday, no internet, what could I do --- was told there was nothing; I said 'so I need to be available on the internet every 24 hours, 365 days a year?' Answer = 'yes'.

Thanks again.  

Lisa250
Level 1
Greymouth, New Zealand

Airbnb "permanently blocked" certain dates since I did not respond in time (I was flying from US to NZ at time). Any suggestions on what I can do?

I have started the conversation years ago to get a vacation autoresponder added to the site/app.  I just had serious problems using the snooze feature as well when I was out of town in for my own vacation.  Booked guests can no longer see the listing they have reservations for adn that makes them very nervous.  When they message you and you don't respond (because you are out of cell service) they get even more nervous.  Then airbnb tries to contact you and of course they also cannot get in touch and urge you to respond to your guest.  This is bad business AirBNB, please add an auto reply feature!  I have made a suggestion again just today.  I hope it will happen soon.  You want your hosts to be able to travel them selves and not be a prisoner to their listings!

Bill1300
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, does anyone know if there have been updates to this?  I had the same issue last weekend, on a camping trip out of service and missed a request by just over an hour past the 24 hr deadline.  Seems there should be a way to occasionally have an out of office, or at least not to be penalized for not responding when unable.  

Or are there other services that we can use (short of a whole property management company) that can reply on our behalf in this situation?  Thanks so much.