Length of stay

Anthony454
Level 2
Hammonds Plains, Canada

Length of stay

Hi, I'm a new host and would like to know how to make my settings so that long term stays are welcome (28 days +) but not in the summer (July/August) when my property is easier to rent. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Anthony

5 Replies 5

@Anthony454 - Assuming that what you want to do is make more money during the summer months when you can rent more often, you cannot set "maximum" dates for a seasonal period.  What you can do is raise the price so that long-term reservations during the summer are cost-prohibitive. https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/503/how-do-i-set-a-custom-price-for-specific-nights--weeks--or-m...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Anthony454 ,

It is not advisable to set min. stay to 28 days or longer, as your listing will not show up in search results when no specific dates are entered. But when setting the max stay to (for example) 90 days AND include a monthly discount, it is clear to potential guests long term stay is possible. You can create specific rules in July/august (section "availibily") to set minimum stay to a lower value, but there is no option to set the max. stay "by rule".

Best regards, Emiel

Anthony454
Level 2
Hammonds Plains, Canada

Thanks Emile. My min stay perion

Anthony454
Level 2
Hammonds Plains, Canada

My min stay period is 2 days and my settings allow stays of over 28 days. I have discounts for stays of over 7 days and for over 28 days. Apparently, these discounts will override normal nightly, weekly and monthly prices, hence my problem. 

@Anthony454

You can set different min nights for specific periods (but not for max) - so the way around it would be to increase the nightly rates for July and August.

With a 10% weekly discount, if you charge $20 per night then $20 x 7 with a 10% weekly discount is $126 but a nightly rate of $30 x 7 with a 10% weekly discount is $189. - Not sure what you mean by "discounts override normal nightly, weekly, monthly prices". The discount is applied to your nightly rates and you can adjust the rate of each night separately.

Also for certain periods, for instance from January~May, if you want to have a longer min stay than compared to July~August it is possible to have a 5 night min (or even a 28 night min if you wanted) for Jan~May and a 1 night min for July ~Aug.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the functions available in Pricing >Length of stay discounts and Availability >Trip Length > Additional requirements under Calendar. Change the settings then go back to your listing calendar as if you were a guest and try putting in different dates, no. of guests etc to play around with it to see how the rules are applied.