Level 10 Moderators...(LOL)

Jerry78
Level 2
Eilat, Israel

Level 10 Moderators...(LOL)

FYI..."I can assure you I don't work for Airbnb  (LOL)....and neither does ???  She and the other moderators ("Level 10 Moderators") are "employees" of a feedback company "hired' by Airbnb to provide valuable data and take some of the load off Airbnb's helpdesks!"

DEFINITION:  These moderators work "indirectly" for AirBnb...therefore, they have a vested interest to be biased in their comments!

8 Replies 8
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jerry78

Please read the following it might help you cope with your disatisfaction with Airbnb and give us Hosts a break.

"

Displaced anger is anger that has been routed away from healthy expression through a coping mechanism. In most cases, displacement is the process of moving anger away from the actual target onto a target the mind feels may be safer. This person who bears the brunt of displaced anger may have no idea what happened to cause the anger, thus damaging his or her relationship with the angry person. Anger of this type is also problematic because it does not allow for resolution of the anger itself, and the effects of anger can build up over time.

The definition of displacement changes depending on what is being displaced as well as the psychological theory being used, but in most cases an emotion or affect is diverted from the appropriate target or cause onto an unrelated but safer target. For example, anger at a person's boss may be diverted to one's best friend. In some cases, the anger is generalized and does not take a specific target."

Regards

Cormac

ECK III

ECK VIII

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Jerry78, That's absurd.

@Cormac0

I hope you didn't waste a minute of your time typing all that out? All good stuff though and a shorter explanation is someone who 'kicks the cat'.

But here's a funny one for you (and certainly one I would not be allowed to insert here if I truly was 'an employee'. 🙂

medium.jpeg

Enjoy your day! x

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jerry78

I wish I were - I could do with the income !

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

oh @Jerry78 .....aka Karen,  watch it, you might be a level 10 before you know it, just keep up this whining and you get there in no time 🙂 

Just curious: why are you "offering"  people  on another thread to help them with contacting Airbnb, via your private email? 

@Annette33

Saw that too - and reported it. Some people just don't get it.

Cheers!

Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

Oh gee guys, @Jerry78 is on to us!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jerry78,

I just want to clarify this point again, as I've noticed that you've mentioned this in another thread.

It is important that you understand how the Community Center (CC) works. The levels that you see underneath members' names simply reflect how active they have been in the CC - the higher the level, the more posts they've read and responded to. They don't actively choose to move up each level nor does Airbnb control who reaches different levels, it happens automatically over time the more posts users interact with.

This is a place for hosts to exchange their experiences and help each other on a voluntary basis, they are NOT paid by Airbnb and their opinions are therefore their own. It is important that we respect each other and accept that our views may sometimes differ in order to maintain a positive atmosphere here in the CC.

Thank you for your understanding,

Kirstie