Log-In problem

Vicky3
Level 2
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Log-In problem

I am a long-time member and having problems logging in to my airbnb account. I log in, but when I try to click on something, e.g. my inbox, it asks me to log in again. When I do, I get a notification saying my account cannot be authorized. I can log normally in if I use incognito / private mode. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

I have a trip coming up and am hosting in a week and can't afford to be locked out of my account.

50 Replies 50

@MaryJane9 Yes, Safari doesn't work well for Airbnb.  Use Google Chrome.  I've been a host for 3 years and never had a problem using Chrome.  

Clare,  I am advised against it because I have an Apple computer.   What kind of computer do you have?  

@MaryJane9 Lots of people have Google Chrome loaded on their Mac's .  Who advised against it and why?  I have a windows based laptop but tomorrow I'm switching to a Macbook Pro and I'm planning on installing Chrome to manage my Airbnb listing.  Airbnb recommends Chrome and / or Mozilla Firefox:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/446/which-internet-browsers-work-best-on-airbnb

I read it online.   10 reasons why not to use Google Chrome on Apple.  Check it out.

@MaryJane9 Well, it's up to you whether to install Chrome or not or to have a stand by PC / laptop for Airbnb use, or to use your phone with an app.  My plan is to use my Iphone for notifications and my Mac with Chrome for actually managing my listing.  For all other Mac uses, I'll probably use Safari.  I know for a fact that not all Airbnb features are available on an IPhone and Safari has limitations.  

Many thanks Clare.  You've been a great help.

Mary Jane

Yes, we have booked several Airbnb stays on a five week holiday and logging in to Airbnb had been the worst experience of the trip. We have had so many problems that I can't mention them all here. We have been through verification so many times. I won't be recommending the service to anybody even though the Airbnb stays have been great.

I am a new Host  (an elderley one) and I have forgotton which email and password I used to get into my Airbnb account.   How can I rectify this as I have just missed out on a booking

@Millie8, hopefully you have solved this dilemma by now, but for the future, you can go to settings on your computer and browser and opt to have your computer automatically remember passwords for various sites you regularly use. I'm in the same boat- I'd never be able to remember all the passwords I have for various sites. I also write mine down in a special place, hard copy.

Then, when you go to log-on to that site, the log in box will automatically fill in your user name and password, all you have to do is click Log-in.

There is usually a box that pops up on my computer sceen when I open a new account on a new site or create an alternate email address, for instance, that says "Would you like Firefox (or whatever browser you use) to remember this password?"

Hello Sarah

No I still have not resolved the problem with logging into my hosting account.  I have tried everything to get in,but it just keeps taking me to a site as if i am a visitor,  there seems to be so so many names to log onto, I have tried the normal one which is Airbnb.com and that takes me to sites as if I am a visitor.    I go to my listings as suggested, then a message comes up saying, I have no listings, very frustrating indeed!  In fact, I am thinking of cancelling as I do not have this problem with booking.com

Good luck, because i find Airbnb so very frustrating,nothing is simple with this company.  I cannot get into my account to edit my calendar

We haven't had any guests for a few months . Now I can't log into my host account.

Noel-and-Diane0
Level 1
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Hi

I am a host on airbnb and after logging onto my account it is telling me i have 1 step to complete  - book your trip first and add and verify your work email.  I have confirmed the confirm work email but cannot move on.

Seeing have been receiving messages but have been unable to access them. I'm afraid I'll be downgraded because I can't reply. Can anyone help please?

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Noel-and-Diane0 and @Shirley129 What device are you using to connect/log in to airbnb? More info needed to solve the puzzle.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"