London 90 Day - Already reserved for April 2017

Mark293
Level 1
Point of Rocks, MD

London 90 Day - Already reserved for April 2017

With AirBnB announcing that it will now actively enforce the 90 day letting limit in London, by cancelling reservations after 90 days of letting have occurred, how can I be sure that my reservation will in-fact be honored? 

thanks

-mark

4 Replies 4
Iman1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

You will have to hope your host honours the booking. I suspect many 'entire home' bookings in London from April onwards will be cancelled. If you booked 'private room' you will be fine, as the new rules only impact 'entire place' That's just my personal opinion and I could be entirely wrong.

Message the host and ask them what they plan to do.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mark293

I suppose the host could snooze their listing  so that it no longer turns up in searches and still honour already accepted reservations. Personally I cannot fathom how this 90 day rule is going to be carried out - there will be a lot of day counting to do and a lot of clever brains looking for loopholes 😉

thanks guys, will contact the host and see what plans are and any options. Will update..

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mark293,

Lovely to meet you. I am not sure if you have seen this thread in the London city board here in the Community Center. I have included a FAQ which might be helpful.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.