Looking for other hosts in Hackney

Meg24
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Looking for other hosts in Hackney

Hi,
I'm only just catching up with the 90 day rule situation and looking for other hosts within the Borough of Hackney to hopefully meet up & discuss what the ruling might mean, share ideas/tips and be of general support to each other.
We rent out a portion of our home under the government's 'rent a room scheme' and honestly didn't know about the ruling nor that it might apply to us.
Thanks,
Meg

3 Replies 3
Laura545
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

hi Meg, I am a host in Islington. Please contact me if you have a meet up. thanks!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's a pretty easy rule to get around. First remember that someone has to prove that you are renting for more than 90 days. AirBnB does not provide this informaiton to any UK authority and is under no obligation to do so - although they will let you know when you are approaching that number of days. Second: use a mix of sites for bookings. Third option - find a regular Mon-Thurs lodger from the thousands of people who come to work on a contract basis in London and go home mid week and weekends - Fivenightsaweek or MondaytoThursday dotcom, leaving your place available Thurs night to Mon morning for the weekend AirBnB trade.

Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb will only be limiting hosts listing whole properties.  

Gerry gave some good tips though in terms of finding alternative income ...

its interesting that people are only just aware of the 90 day rule, it's been in effect for over a year !