Loosing superhost status is so easy, and gaining it is so hard!

Miroslav0
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Loosing superhost status is so easy, and gaining it is so hard!

Hi everyone

Glad to be a part of this great community and Airbnb host, but there is something so hard about it. It is the status of superhost. I gained one really fast and I was so happy. It was at my beginning few years ago. And I held that status for very long and one thing happened suddenly and everything was lost. Guest who wanted to come to my apartment and made reservation earlier on the day of arrival decided to change apartment and go somewhere else. He call me and ask me to cancel reservation and I ask him why. He didn't explain much, just said he want to go somewhere else. I said couldn't you cancel your reservation, he said he couldn't and that I should do that because it is easier for me. I was so naive and young, but being a good host I listened guests need and called Airbnb to cancel reservation. Right after that I loosed my superhost status and automated message about this cancellation showed on my property and it is STILL on my listing as first review for everyone to read. I'm really mad about this, it's been couple of years from that event and nothing changed. Probably I will never have superhost badge again, ever, and first thing everyone would read when coming across my listing would be this, for the rest of my life. I believe this is so unfair and unjustified. I feel hopeless!

Does anybody has similar situation, I would love to hear your thoughts?

20 Replies 20

Thanks for sharing @Lisa723, that helps

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Miroslav0

I am curious about your dramatic statement "everything was lost".

Did you see a great drop in your Revenue? Prices? Quality or guest?

I have always fantaszied about being a Superhost - would my revenue go up? would I get a higher quality of guest? would expectations become untenable?

However, I am not Superhost material. I'm a "I got a comfortable bed and a clean shared bathroom" kind of guy. I don't want to do all the extras that seem to be involved to get Superhost status. 

But I believe I can match any Superhost in revenue, occupancy and pleasantness.

Good luck

Hi @Paul154, and thanks for the honest opinion! U are right, after reading all of your replies I'm much more positive.

Regarding superhost status, not much would change, but people definitely are more likely to accommodate at you reader somewhere else when they see a badge. I did noticed slight drop of guests this year but I'm still hoping that is due to other things and not because of losing status. Demands are a bit lower this year...

My rating is 4.7 for the period since January 1st till December 31st 2018 (current) and I get a warning that I will lose the SH status, but isn't the period supossed to be for the last 365 days - from Oct 1st 2017 till September 30 2018 - for this I still have 4.8?

@Azzuri0  Yes you are correct that is your current ranking for the next quarter which means you have time to get the rating up before December 31st, 2018.

ok, so that means I will keep the SH status, thanks