Lots of Recent Payment Problems -What Gives?

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

Lots of Recent Payment Problems -What Gives?

So, a few weeks ago I thought it odd that I received a number of small payments ranging from 50 cents to $4 from August and September Guests. Other hosts posted about this and concluded it was an issue with foreign currency conversions (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Then it happened AGAIN last week.

And now I'm getting an abnormally high rate of "Awaiting Payments"

To top it off, Airbnb had an issue collecting payment on a guest who was already staying. Numerous calls to Airbnb assured me Id get paid and promised a written confirmation of this. Almost two weeks latet neither has happened. 

And now, a guest who just checked out this morning sent me $5 for a broken item and that payment couldnt be collected.

Is anyone else noticing this? I've been hosting for 3 years and never had this many issues. Should we be concerned?? I mean, really their only job in all this is to collect and remit payments...

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Zappa0, we have recently had a major payout issue here in Australia which there have been many posts about. There was apparently a glitch in the system and hosts Australia-wide had delays in their payouts of around 2 weeks. I believe some hosts are still waiting to be paid. The whole thing was handled extremely poorly by Airbnb with little communication or updates and customer support workers who had no idea what was going on and giving different information to different people.

I am also waiting payment from a guest who recently damaged something and it is still showing as 'payment delayed' a week later. I called Airbnb Customer Support yesterday and they have said they'll look into it but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Someone else from Canada just posted about delayed payments as well: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Delayed-paouts-10-days-later-still-waiting-for-Case-Mana...

So, yes, it does seem like something weird is going on...

Wow...this is very troublesome. Thanks for that link