MAJOR Updates to Host Cancellation Penalties

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

MAJOR Updates to Host Cancellation Penalties

It looks like Airbnb has updated there host cancellation penalties help page which has some major changes including removal of the 3 Instant Book penalty free cancellations per year, your account will be suspended or deactivated after 3 cancellations per year, and larger fines for cancellations.  Good or bad?  What are your thoughts.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

How do host cancellation penalties work    Airbnb Help Centre.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

18 Replies 18

Airbnb used to have 7% commissions and no cancelation fines..they are just greedy. What is Wimdus policy?

I would really hope and pray that it is not because you are a person of color, and only because you have an immature photo on your profile.  It's a great idea to think about that instant response that strangers get when they see your photo, and all hosts DO go check your profile to read reviews and look at your picture.  I know that I would not be endeared to any adult sticking their tongue out at total strangers who are looking to host you in their home.  Please think about it - you may have better luck with a different picture of yourself. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Only just read this post now, Thank you for the alert @Dave-and-Deb0! Had no idea. That is quite a change.

How can I get away from the instant booking. I did not realize that there were penalties involved in cancelling. How do I remove the instant booking? And if I do how will the bookings work then.

George Bauer