Make canceled dates show available on calendar

Make canceled dates show available on calendar

Had a reservation cancel how do I unblock dates on calendar. The dates are still blocked with the word cancelled

9 Replies 9
Francis114
Level 2
Steinbach, Canada

Thanks Carole for bringing this up. I had the same experience today. My rules state a maximum of 6 guests but the prospective guest made an instant booking and revealed that they were 11. After trying to see how I can meet their request, I finally cancelled the booking. Now Airbnb have not only blocked the dates but they have also lowered my commitment rate which will affect my Superhost status. And they have blocked all avenues for contact with them to appeal against this!

@Francis114, I looked at your profile, and I do not see a host cancellation.

Did you manage to get it removed?

No, it is not removed. It was for a booking May 19-21. It is still blocked.

@Francis114, that is interesting. Usually when a host does a cancellation, an automated review appears that says something like "The host cancelled this reservation 120 days before arrival."

I don't see anything like that on your profile.

@Carole193, according to your profile, you are the one who cancelled the reservation. That is why the dates on your calendar are blocked.

If the guest wanted the reservation cancelled, then the guest was the one who should have cancelled. If it was you who wanted the reservation cancelled, then the calendar will be blocked (among other penalties).

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Francis114 In your case, you should have asked Airbnb to cancel the booking, not yourself. It was not your fault and Airbnb could have handled the case without any penalties on your side.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

How do I get Airbnb to cancel when they have closed all avenues of communication? You cannot send them messages anymore and there are no contact phone numbers anymore.

@Francis114, you are a superhost. The phone number is in the email you received congratulating you for that. 

If for some reason that is not working for you, go here: Contact Airbnb

You are awesome. Thanks Lawrence.