Making a claim.

Milagros0
Level 2
Navarre, FL

Making a claim.

I am confused on the security deposit.  I request my guests pay a security deposit.  The first time I went to make a claim, Airbnb told me to contact the guest and ask them to pay for it.   I did, the guest agreed to pay, then I contacted Airbnb again and they said have them send it to you.  What??? 

I thought I contacted Airbnb with a claim, I contact guest (in this case I did) guest assumed it would be taken out of their deposit, but Airbnb said the guest should pay me directly.  What????

How does this work?  I currently have another claim to make.... 

2 Replies 2
Tanya-and-Alex0
Level 5
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hey, 

You have to make this over the resolution center:

www.airbnb.com/resolutions

There you put the claim and the guest has 72 hours to response. If he does not do this, Airbnb will judge the case contact him (and you as well). 

You use the resolution center for other payments too, even if there is nothing to "resolve" like postal fees to send a heavy forgotten item. Even if you discussed it in the message thread first, you use the form to send the payment request, the guest says ok and money is taken from his card. Works even if there is no deposit. You get the payment the same day plus usual transfert delays