Managing my account

Robert219
Level 1
Wachapreague, VA

Managing my account

I had a guest contact me the evening of the arrival.  We communicated via the server and the booking has expired- 24 hours later.  The guest was in a panic and wanted to book (1) night. I have a 2 night min.  I suggested he contact another establishment who has an Inn in Wachapreague.  They rent daily.   Having this expire after 24 hours of communication - BUT not accepting.   Has this affected my score?      Secondly - I had a guest book 2 nights then cancel due the the Labor Day Tropical Storm "Hermaine".  Then the contact me and booked for only 1 night.  Does the Cancellation affect my score?   Bob   @ the "Artist Apartment in Wachapreague, VA" 

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Robert219 to answer your first question, if you received a Reservation Request, yes, since you have to Accept or Decline.  If it was an Inquiry, then no, just responding within 24 hours suffices to preserve your response rating.  In the case you mentioned, I presume it was an Inquiry asking for a one night stay, correct?  If so, then you could just respond and decline since they were asking for a 1 night stay where you have a 2 night minimum. 

As to your second question, who cancelled? You or the guest?  Either way, if the reservation was affected by the hurricane, both you and the guest would be covered by Extenuating Circumstances, but the party who cancelled should contact Airbnb before cancelling to avoid penalties (host) or to receive a full refund (guest). 

Search Airbnb's help files for Extenuating Circumstances to see what they are. 

Hope this helps, Clare

Perfectly said @Clare0