Mapped area changed. My listing (usually in the top 3) is now not visible

Kathleen128
Level 2
Grants Pass, OR

Mapped area changed. My listing (usually in the top 3) is now not visible

Hi!  I am a super host with 100 reviews, 99 of which are 5 star.  I have always shown up in the top 5 listings (usually #1) and have been well booked.  About a week ago everything stopped.  No inquiries, no bookings.  I lowered my price and ran an ad.  
then I noticed that the mapped area for Grants Pass had been made smaller.  My property which should still be showing at the "new" edge of Grants Pass map, is just not there.    IF a person enters a date on the map, the mapped area is larger (as it has been for the past year).    I have talked to and messaged multiple people in customer service and the problem is still not resolved.  This is killing my business.  I may either have to close or go with a different agency.

2 Replies 2
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Kathleen128

I can't say I understand the way Airbnb work out what to show first. It does seem like you have a lot of competition and I had to filter for price to actually find your place.

I've just looked for ours, and see that a specific search for the town we are in, where there are only 3-4 Airbnb properties, now shows us after properties from outside the town!

Does anybody know what Airbnb are doing - playing with some new algorithm, perhaps?

Meant to say, I would definitely consider using other listing sites as well as Airbnb. We get the vast majority of our guests through Airbnb, but unless you are at the occupancy you desire, I can't see why you wouldn't also be on others.

Hi Ben,

Until this started (about 1 week ago) I was nearly fully booked all of the time through AirBNB, so there was no need to use anyone else.  If they can just manage to return the mapped area to the same size it was, we will be OK.  We were always in the top 3 until they shrunk the map.  Now we don't even show in a general Grants Pass search evn though we are less trhan 6 miles from downtown Grants Pass and we have a Grants Pass address and zip code.  It has been very frustrating.  And my bookings and inquiries have dropped to ZERO.