Message without Content

Message without Content

I have a message in my message box, but it is not a booking request or a booking inquiry, and there is no actual content or text.  It simply shows it is from Rodrigo but there is no message or timestamp.  This person's name basically just showed up.  

Anyone know why?

11 Replies 11
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Christopher187

Something similar happened to me earlier this year with a non-verified guest.  Are you able to respond to the message ?

Yes I was able to send a response to Rodrigo.  I asked him if he knew what was happening but got no response.

The only thing I could think of was maybe Rodrigo tried to make an inquiry but got stuck on the verification process and it just stayed in limbo??

Marie21
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Mine inbox too have 2  profile from no where with no Q or even request just picture of someone and country

Very bizarre

I found the same situation, now it is Gabriel

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Two different guests sent me an inquiry, but when I went to check the details it was blank.

Sam-and-Adam0
Level 3
Ottawa, Canada

Me too! It was 'Charles', but totally blank.

Katia23
Level 2
San Diego, CA

It happened to me last week and today. I do not reply. Any info about this?

No explanation, it seems.

fishy....hmmmm....

Tsionah0
Level 1
Boston, MA

Same thing happened to me. I had 3 different blank messages. I responded to each because I wanted to make sure there wasn't some type of error. One person responded and said she didn't mean to send any message. 

Airbnb should take a close look at this..."a stich in time saves nine" 😉

I will continue not to respond but report.

If it turns out to be harmless - good!