More Guests than Booked - How do I let Airbnb know about it

Manfred11
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

More Guests than Booked - How do I let Airbnb know about it

Hi,

my guest booked for 4 people, but I recognized today that there are 6 people in my house. The guest did not ask me before or communicated anything to me. I asked the 2 extra people to pack their things leave my house as I don't like to have more than 4 here. I would like to let Airbnb know about this problem with my guest. I also do not like to get a feedback from this people.

How can I can send a message directly to Aribnb?

Thanks for your answer

Mafnred

5 Replies 5

Hi Manfred,

This is a typical issue. This gives you the right to ask the guest for a penalty fee, which you can do through the Resolution Center, even if you are not willing to host the extra people. The guest will mostly reject the the proposal, but if you were very clear with your rules in the description and your advertisement is up to 4 guests, then you will win the case. Either the guest or Airbnb will pay. Don't know if the guest is actually charged thou, I guess its the inssurance that Airbnb provides.

I'am also searching how to contact airbnb by writting a message as I used to do with the old version.

Best regards

Andy

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Manfred11@Andy66  I find sending a message via Air BNB Twitter very effective.  As to your dissatisfaction with the guest, you can include that in your review and if your felt the the guest was purposefully deceitful, you might want to use the flag under his name on the profile.

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

@Manfred11 I looked at your listing and I saw, under "extra people"....the statement "extra people no charge".  Many hosts have complained that there is no way to edit this and take that statement out. I have complained to airbnb myself, until I finally learned of a fix for this.

Go to you listing and enter a large amount ($1000 for extra people after 4 people).

After you do that, the misleading statement "extra people no charge" will disappear.

Hi Monica,

thanks for your response. I have chosen "Accomodates 4" and under price settings "Additional guests" is not activated. Where does it say that there are extra people at no charge?

Thanks for your response

Manfred