More guests staying than booked

Answered!
Stuart63
Level 1
Mouzens, France

More guests staying than booked

Hi

We have a situation where the person who actually made the booking has not turned up, friends have though and there are more of them than booked and more than we allow in the house - any ideas?

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stuart63 it is a third party booking and this is not allowed at Airbnb.

You didn't have to check them in, and you can terminate their stay if you like but will not be paid for the rest of the stay unfortunately. Don't do it by yourself but contact Airbnb instead and they will cancel for you. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

If you don't want to cancel then you should at least go there and ask them to show you their photo ID , take a picture of their documents bc you should know who is staying at your property.

View Best Answer in original post

32 Replies 32

Hi @Helen3 

No I had to go through the details of the booking and drill down through the contact us. To do so it switched me to travellers mode not hosts. I am using the App on an iPad so maybe that’s why I found it difficult so far. I am also in Italy and the App detects my IP and switches to Italian with an Italian number. Not great. So I will wait it out, Thanks for your help.

Paul-and-Denise1
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

No problem Alex727

Alex727
Level 2
Bolzano, Italy

Hi @Stuart63  @Paul-and-Denise1  @Helen3  @Ann72  @Cormac0 

Update: Received this today... so more waiting.  (I removed the sender’s name)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. My name is (     ), one of the Support Ambassadors. I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,