My address is correct but my location on the map for searches is not.

Tariq2
Level 2
Quepos, Costa Rica

I'm show about 200 meters away from where I am which does not sound much but it means I miss out on the main search for our area. and only show if the map is moved a fraction.

I've followed the instructions for editing location on the map and am told the change is saved, however next time I look the change has not been kept and I'm back on the other side of the road in a different neighbourhood.

Any clue how to correct this once and for all?

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Tariq2,

The map can be up to 200 meters out for your safety and security so people don't just come knocking on your door when viewing it in a search.  Once a booking is confirmed, the map will show the correct location to the guest.

If the pin is incorrect, you can change this when you are managing your listing.  Choose "Location" from the left hand menu and then you can move the map.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

1. 200 meters puts me on the wrong side of the road and I do not turn up in the first search for the area but the fourth. 1 Manuel Antonio Park: 2: Manuel Antonio Beach: 3: Manuel Antonio, Chile, Then 4: Manuel Antonio, Quepos. My neighbour in the condo next door has her pin is in the correct location and shows in the first seach.

2. I’ve moved the map and it shows saved but when I return to my listing the save has not been kept.

I feel AirBnB have changed their search by neighborhood and I’m now in the wrong area. I’ve only had one enquiry in the last month and I’m competitively priced and a super host so something is wrong. If a search is made and you move the map I appear but not on the original search by name.

Rocky5
Level 1
Canada

Hi, i am having a similar problem but the map shows downtown and i live 15 min away by car or 30 min by transit. I explain to the people that want to rent my place and hopefully they don't mind

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rocky5 and @Tariq2,

As @Dave-and-Deb0 said, the map doesn't show your exact location for your security, but if it is far away from where it should be and you are unable to edit it yourself you need to contact Airbnb and they will be able to do it for you. This Community Help Guide (created by Dave & Deb themselves) explains the best ways to do so.

I hope you can get this sorted!

Kirstie