My booking!!

عبدالعظيم0
Level 2
Maynooth, Ireland

My booking!!

Hi 

I did pay for the security deposite and the rent and I sent the receipt to my host. He stop responding to his emails!! Need advice

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @عبدالعظيم0 ,

There is no need to sent the receipt to the host. If you have a confirmed reservation, then you have payed to Airbnb (Airbnb will pay the host after you checked in). Probably the host stopped responding because he is confused....?

best regards, Emiel

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@عبدالعظيم0 Did you pay through the AirBnB website or did you send money direct to someone? If you sent it direct to someone, you have been scammed and lost your money. If you paid with a credit card via the AirBnB site, then you have a booking and the host will respond before the booking with check in details. 

To Airbnb using IBAN provided (bank to bank transfer).

thanks

@عبدالعظيم0 Can you post how you were asked to pay? Something seems off to me. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Letti0 , I agree, i never heared of Airbnb doing "bank to bank transfer" when making reservations. I hope for @عبدالعظيم0 she/he is not scammed.

@Emiel1 I have a horrible feeling he/she has been scammed and is now out whatever money he/she sent with no place to stay. @عبدالعظيم0Were you given a bank acccount number to send the funds to the host?

YES IBAN  and the name of the bank in Italy

@عبدالعظيم0 I hate to be the one to tell you, but you just lost any money you sent. You will need to find another place as the one you booked was not a real rental. AirBnB will NEVER ask you to transfer money via a bank transfer only paying via PalPay or credit card on their offical sites. I am so sorry this happened to you. Please be more careful going forward in looking for a new rental. Never send a bank transfer to any host to rent something. 

I would also suggest using a rental agency for a long term rental, not AirBnB. You want a lease upfront and to see the place.  

I will report to garda as I still have IBAN connected to the account holder and the issued invoice.

عبدالعظيم0
Level 2
Maynooth, Ireland

thanks for reply

Just because we are under pressure as we need to move out from our current address up on completion of the lease contract. 

Thanks