My bookings are down- What do I do?

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

My bookings are down- What do I do?

C41EF77F-5705-4BE6-84F4-FEE525C34586.jpeg

As Hosts, we all love being booked and getting bookings but what happens when the bookings slow down? What then?
That’s the perfect time to do a solid inventory and really pinpoint who is our target guest.
Are we still attractive to our target guest? Is our decor current and relevant?
Does our listing make the guest’s travel expectation fulfilled?
This is also the perfect time to do some deep cleaning and get that listing sparkling.

Let’s talk about upgrading your decor to keep pace with the changing taste of guest and to keep up with the competition.
The ever increasing numbers of listings make it so much more difficult to attract guest to book our listings that we have to be special.
We have to stand out amongst the hundreds of listings in some markets and fight for every single day booked. That’s why keeping a listing fresh and current is a great money making strategy.

Where do we upgrade and how often?

We always want to be upgrading our listings.

It could be new linens, a new area rug, wall art or appliances but it’s a constant process.
A new area rug or sleeper sofa can transform a space into a more relaxing environment. That equals more bookings.
Think about getting the most ‘bang for your buck’ when you upgrade the decor.
Don’t just buy a couch, purchase a sleeper couch and you can expand the number of guest you can host.
Love it or hate it, guest shop with there eyes and you have about one second to catch their eye.

Good Luck! 

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Rene-and-Zac0Is that couch still available? 😄

Good post, and I agree: the quiet season is a great time to take stock and get stuff done. 

Yes! The couch is still available! Delivery is available too! @Alexandra316 6626591F-D14D-4BDD-AD4D-EBC78D76B921.png

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Rene-and-Zac0Fantastic! They may have some trouble at the border....

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Rene-and-Zac0Good (and funny) post. You are so correct, if things get slow, grab the opportunity to do and think of new angles to attract guests.

I like to add - When things are slow - improve, when they are good - improve even more.