My listing appears as having no views, yet I know people have viewd. What is going on?

Answered!

My listing appears as having no views, yet I know people have viewd. What is going on?

My listing shows 0 views, yet I have received inquiries and questins, what is going on?  Also, I know people who have entered and viewed.

Why has my listing got no views!

What is happening?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maureen-and-Steve0@Denice0@Karen369@Rommel7@Sarah977@Cor3@TerryAndConnie0@Howard42@Caitlin75@Rebecca181@Robin4@John1975@Victoria567@Sabrina-And-John0@Keiron0@Leslie275

Thanks again for all the time you have spent highlighting this here. As you may have seen and as @Rachel0 and @Jessica-and-Henry0 have mentioned here, you graph should now be back up and showing your listing views. (Thanks so much Rachel and Jessica for sharing this is now working for you). 

I wanted to make sure you are updated and also to check this is working for you now. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 10.39.08 pm.pngIve had zero views since 25 September also. I am beginning to suspect that Airbnb have turned views off just as they took away our ability to view how many wishlist saves our listing had and also our ability to compare our listing. I hope Im wrong. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maureen-and-Steve0@Denice0@Karen369@Rommel7@Sarah977@Cor3@TerryAndConnie0@Howard42@Caitlin75@Rebecca181@Robin4@John1975@Victoria567@Rachel0@Sabrina-And-John0@Keiron0@Leslie275@Karen369

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here. 

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community Center, I am sorry you are experiencing this delay the views showing in your Host Dashboard. I want you to know I reported this back to our tech team earlier in the week so they can take a look into this further, plus I know many of you and other hosts have also reported this via our Support Team, so thank you for this.

As far as I am aware this is a delay with the graph displaying the most up-to-date data for guests looking at your listing and so I do hope this will be back displaying as normal soon. 

As soon as I know more on this I will let you know, and equally, if you see any updates, please do let us know here. 🙂

Thanks again for all your help with this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks for your update Lizzie.

Rommel7
Level 2
Muntinlupa, Philippines

Sounds good! Thanks for clarifying and for your help, Lizzie. 

Steve688
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi there, yes there definitely seems to be a glitch in the Airbnb System. I have sent an email in aksing that this be looked at Urgently as like everyone else here, who tracks their views, it all of a sudden seems like no one is viewing our properties, which of course is wrong. I do think we should all send them a request asking for this to be URGENTLY looked at.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie Looks like it is working again now.

Yup.....I had the same 0 views glitch all week, even till late last night. 

I just checked and I have views!!! Not that I get a lot of views to start with 🙂 I usually get 5 or less views a day but I'm glad things are back to normal! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maureen-and-Steve0@Denice0@Karen369@Rommel7@Sarah977@Cor3@TerryAndConnie0@Howard42@Caitlin75@Rebecca181@Robin4@John1975@Victoria567@Sabrina-And-John0@Keiron0@Leslie275

Thanks again for all the time you have spent highlighting this here. As you may have seen and as @Rachel0 and @Jessica-and-Henry0 have mentioned here, you graph should now be back up and showing your listing views. (Thanks so much Rachel and Jessica for sharing this is now working for you). 

I wanted to make sure you are updated and also to check this is working for you now. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie    Yes, mine are back up, thanks.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Sarah977. 🙂 

--------------------

Yes, mine is also working.

Thank you!

Rommel7
Level 2
Muntinlupa, Philippines

Great news! Mine works fine also. Thanks Lizzie and everyone. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for coming back and letting me know @John1975 and @Rommel7

Hope to speak with you again soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Lizzie,

Yes, everything back to normal - as of last Saturday.

It really is a pitty, there are sometimes delays in providing these statistics.

As you may have noticed from all the threads opened on this topic here.

As Airbnb does not provide a lot of data. These statistics are about the only source to hosts on the performance of their listing(s).

Providing these statistics on a regular basis will save Airbnb a considerable amount of CX time.

As the topic: "Help, my listing does not appear or does not show" is a very frequently asked question here.

These statistics will simply answer that question.

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi All,

Yes, we suddenly received a couple of bookings too, just after the break in updating the statistics.

Before that: Radio silence for a significant period of time.

But I have a little bit my doubts, whether these events are really interrelated (although quite a few of you have mentioned this here too).

As Airbnb cannot (really) just send you a couple of bookings.

The bookings are made by real humans (as far as I can tell) and not just some robots.

So, this makes me think:

• Has Airbnb systems in place to determine the likelihood for a guest to book?
  • Can Airbnb influence booking behavior, by a guest?

I suppose the above is true to some extent.

• Predictive profiling by big data analysis.
  • And little automated tips in your listing: Great find or Rare find or something similar.
  • Or sending your listing to the top of the search results.

But to me, this would also be revealed by a significant increase in page-views (When I look at mine, they are more or less in line, with what I expect for this time of the year. Maybe last Sunday a little higher).

Just have a look at the Smart-Pricing mechanism: They are working on this already for a couple of years. And the Smart Price tips are still not really trustworthy or what they should be.

I.e. Airbnb can really do a lot, but they also have their challenges and limitations.

Furthermore, this community is NOT being run by Airbnb itself!

I can imagine, that persons like @Lizzie are involved in regular meetings with Airbnb itself. But I suppose they cannot just simply press a button on your listing, that will significantly increase the likelihood of a booking – in the next 24-48 hours.