My listing doesn't show up in search results. How to get AirBnB to help?

Tanya55
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

My listing doesn't show up in search results. How to get AirBnB to help?

Hello. A couple of weeks ago I discovered that my listing doesn't show up in search results. I  tried searching for it on my computer as well as I asked my friends to check it for me. It doesn't show up for any of us. I have double checked all the criteria, settings and filters dozens of times and all is correct. I also turned on the Instant Book feature on, but didn't help.

I have of course contacted the AirBbB help over the email and phone, every time their responce was that it shows up on their end and they don't accept it as an issue, hence refusing to help.

I would appreciate any suggestion on how to get AirBnB to help and actually look into my situation and help.

TIA!

27 Replies 27

I found that when I allowed "Instant Book," my listing wasn't showing up unless someone fitered for Instand Book  In other words, if they did not set Instant Book as a filter, my listing didn't show up.  So I turned Instant Book off!

Hi Tanya

Did you ever figure out a solution? Just wondering, as the same thing seems to be happening to my listing!

https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/20576710?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&location=Le%20Marais%2C%20Paris&c...

Kind regards

Courtney

This seems to be an ongoing issue with many hosts as well as with my listings.  I've zoomed, searched within my booking criteria, you name it, I've done it.  They don't show!  Time for Airbnb programmers to do something with these issues.  Our listings should always show up.  I don't care what Airbnb's algorithims are for searches.  Everyone should be cycled through from first to last page on searches to give everyone a fair shot.  It would be nice if listings would even show up!  Here's mine that I can't find.  https://www.airbnb.com/10228012.  I have other listings with the same problem.  What's wrong with Airbnb that they don't get this taken care of????

Ian254
Level 2
Bellevue, PA

Same problem for me. I'm a new host. It says my house is listed, but it simply does not appear in search results at all. Is there any way to get help? 

@Ian254 your listing is not on the map yet. (Is it really new?)

Here is a special link that will show your listing on the map:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=39444314

If you click on the link and it says "No Results" then your listing is not on the map yet.

If you click on the link and it shows your listing placed on the map, then you are good to go!

If this link still doesn't show your listing after a day or two, then please contact AirBnB support and tell them something is wrong with your listing.

Thank you, @Matthew285. What do you mean "Is it really new?" - Yes, it is new. I still see "No Results". How do I contact support please? 

@Ian254

On your Help page, near the bottom right is a "Contact us" button.
Or you can use this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Once you are on the "Contact us" page, choose "Its something else"

This will give you the choice to either exchange messages with AirBnB or to speak to someone on the phone.
(Using the "Contact us" by phone gives you the option to have them call you, so you don't have to wait on hold.)

Or, if waiting on hold is something you don't mind:

United States +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Thank you, @Matthew285. I actually did try these instructions before, but I was never able to find the "It's something else". The good news is that I called the number and got a live person within a couple minutes. On the line now. 

Thank you. Customer support was able to fix everything. 

@Ian254 that is great news!

Did they say what the cause of the problem was?

Was there a way you could have fixed it yourself?

Yes, we did talk about that, and I'm not perfectly clear what the problem was, but he said he made some adjustments to the address, including specifying latitude and longitude and updating the city to Pittsburgh. Technically my home is in Bellevue Borough, and that is immediately north of the city of Pittsburgh, and not within the city limits. I get mail labeled Pittsburgh often, and there is no problem with sending mail here as Pittsburgh, but techincally this is Bellevue Borough. Anyway, he changed the address to Pittsburgh and added latitude and longitude, and now it appears in search. Win.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ian254,

Thank you for sharing this!

I'm sure this will be useful for others experiencing the same issue. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Patricia1239
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

I have the same problem. Called airbnb and was told the same thing they can see it. But i can't and no one else  either. nothing we can do.