My only review says I cancelled..

Answered!
Sheila81
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

My only review says I cancelled..

Hi All! I started hosting on Airbnb last summer and received tons of inquiries. Unfortunately, I only had one week available for rent. Can I say, "Please see vacationrentals.com #7097285, which has photos of my wonderful home in Southwest Harbor, Maine?" I'm a bit of a techno-peasant so I think what happened is that all my prospective Airbnb renters thought I confirmed reservations but I didn't! Therefore I only have one not-good review saying that I cancelled a reservation that never happened! My home is available August 2017 at a $1,600 weekly rate so please be in touch! Thank you.

Sheila

1 Best Answer
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheila81,

I just had a look at your listings and if you're wondering why you are not getting bookings it could be to do with your minimum lengths of stay. For your 'Spectacular Winter Rental' listing the minimum length of stay is 270 days! This means you're missing out on any short-term guests. The 'Magnificent Ocean' listing has a minimum of 7 days which again is longer than many guests want to stay. I would recommend reducing the minimum length of stay to attract more guests.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

Kirstie

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You may be better deleting this listing if you haven't had any bookings and setting up a clean listing for your properties without the cancellation history as your only record.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheila81,

I just had a look at your listings and if you're wondering why you are not getting bookings it could be to do with your minimum lengths of stay. For your 'Spectacular Winter Rental' listing the minimum length of stay is 270 days! This means you're missing out on any short-term guests. The 'Magnificent Ocean' listing has a minimum of 7 days which again is longer than many guests want to stay. I would recommend reducing the minimum length of stay to attract more guests.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

Kirstie

Hi Kristie,

Thanks so much for your reply! Yes, my home is on the coast of Maine in magnificent Acadia National Park, on Mt. Desert Island (Bar Harbor is on the other side of the island). We live in Tucson most of the year and I have winter renters from Sept.-June, when we arrive for two months. The only time I want to rent is weekly during August. That's probably why it sounds complicated. I probably messed up my calendar last year. The only weeks I want to rent this summer are July 29-Aug. 5, Aug. 5-Aug. 12, Aug. 12-Aug.19, Aug. 19-26, Aug. 26-Sept. 2. We may be able to also rent for a week in June. 

Any other suggestions would be helpful...I'm a bit of a techno-peasant. I probably had at least 50 requests to rent my house for last August. 

Thanks again!

Sheila
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheila81,

Ok so are you referring just to the listing that has 3 beds and is called 'Magnificent Ocean...'? At the moment the calendar shows that it is available from Feb 15th until May 15th (you have a 3 month booking window) and you have instant book enabled which means guests can book without you confirming first. If it is only available from July, you need to block the calendar until then and also change your settings so that you can take bookings further in advance.

Does that make sense?

Kirstie

Yes, Kristie, it makes sense. But the dates are wrong. My much-loved home bordering Acadia National Park, on Mt. Desert Island, Maine, is only available for rent weekly, from Saturday to Saturday, July 29 to Sept. 2, with a possible week or two available in June. I'm trying to figure out the intricacies of being an owner on Airbnb. It's much easier being a guest, which I've enjoyed. 

I would also like to communicate with prospective owners prior to confirming a reservation. I'm a bit of a techno-peasant but I'll see what I can do! Thanks so much for your help!!

Best,

Sheila